I completely understand the concept that space must extend infinetly in all directions...it cannot be otherwise...

...and that there can be no beginning or end to time...

During my shower...that was not the hard part...

Its matter I was having trouble with...how can THAT be infinite?

An infinite empty void, ok, easy enough...

...but, where would matter come from inside it?

What mechanism could explain the formation of matter....from what did it originate?

I don't mean big bang era stuff...I mean EVER...

There would HAVE to be an infinite empty void for everything to exist within...that made sense...

But what would make matter form?

[Freak]

I thought about this during the entire shower...and I think I've got it figured out.

Nothing would make matter form; what ever it came from, a harmonic, some sub atomic particle, etc....would have to ALSO come from somewhere or some thing....so:

The universe, logically, is NOT an infinite empty void with some matter floating around...and, as what we call matter has HAD to always exist...it could NOT have materialized at some point...

So matter has therefore always existed just like the rest of the universe has, and, more importantly, has to be what the universe is made of.

We already know that matter and energy are essentially interchangeable...and that it appears in different forms at different times.

So - that means that there is no void...its all a continous entity, perhaps what we call energy that can form matter under certain conditions.

So, this energy is what extends for eternity in all directions, and has always existed, with different forms over time, etc.

This sounds reasonable to me....does anyone else have thoughts on this?

[drink]

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif