Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178558 - 13/03/02 02:03 PM Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Adalbert Offline

Loc: Muskoka ,Ontario - Canada
I was out today in +10 C laugh (Canada) removing my ski racks. Decided to pull off thos XTERRA rack decals, something I have been waiting all winter to do. I found that a 1/4" thick plastic ski base scraper works really well and does not damage the powder coat. And yes, the X looks much better without them, IMO
In about 2 weeks i can pull the steel wheels and snows off and put my alloys back on. It'll be just like getting a new X laugh

#178559 - 14/03/02 05:21 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
buck Offline

Loc: Shohola,PA. 18458
I'm just wondering why you would remove the decals from the roof rack? They seem to be unique to me; altho the '02 Pathfinder has the name on the roof rack also. Anyone know where I can get a couple of XOC stickers? Thanks!

#178560 - 15/03/02 08:23 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Big Buckshot Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Yeah the stickers are much better off. Actually I have only had time to peal one of mine off right now. But I was smart and did the drivers side first, so it always looks good to me when I get in or out. Actually you can hadly even see the one on the other side as it is pretty much covered up by the shovel and the axe. As for the XOC sticks they are covered in the "general" section in two places, check on them there.
01, Just Blue XE, ARB, IPF 900's, Rear back light, Rancho Stearing stabilizer, BFG Mud terran T/A km's, Surco Roof rack w axe/shovel mount, chrome Amerex fire extinguisher, GPS, 12 Gauge Mossberg (maybe a joke maybe not)

#178561 - 15/03/02 10:57 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Adalbert Offline

Loc: Muskoka ,Ontario - Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by buck:
I'm just wondering why you would remove the decals from the roof rack? They seem to be unique to me;
I just do not like graphics on a vehicle, such as "4X4" on many pick-ups. That is so lame. Big Deal!

#178562 - 15/03/02 03:46 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
I just do not like graphics on a vehicle, such as "4X4" on many pick-ups. That is so lame. Big Deal!

That's advertising for the manufacturer

#178563 - 09/04/02 11:19 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Raffi Offline

Loc: California
Whats the best way to remove the Xterra name and the Nissan symbol off the back hatch? I removed the decals from the Roof racks and they look great.

#178564 - 09/04/02 12:04 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:

That's advertising for the manufacturer
How is that advertising for the manufacturer? The fact that I have a 4x4? confused It's just a matter of personal taste if you like the decals or not... there are no corporate logos involved with a 4x4 decal.

#178565 - 09/04/02 01:04 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
ooldtmr Offline

Loc: So. California
Quote:
Originally posted by Raffi:
Whats the best way to remove the Xterra name and the Nissan symbol off the back hatch? I removed the decals from the Roof racks and they look great.
Park it at Oldtown Pasadena smile We were there a couple of months ago and the supercharged sticker was peeled off when we came back. The next week got a HEAT GUN and remove the Xterra sticker on top of it.

#178566 - 09/04/02 01:45 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Raffi Offline

You think the heat gun method might work! These are the raised letter that says Xterra and The round Nissan symbole. What do you think>

#178567 - 09/04/02 01:57 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Rather than a heat gun, I would suggest a hair dryer. Hold it over the emblem(s) for a spell until they're good and warm. Then just use a fingernail to get under there and pull the thing right off.

Make sure there's no residue, etc. left and then give that spot a good waxing. Voila...

I think I'm going to remove the XTERRA logo from the rack as well. The lettering on one side got a little hosed when I pressure washed the rig after a mudbath and in general is just starting to look cheezy. I might even paint the whole rack tubing as well as some other folks have done. Without the step rails, the rack is the only silver thing left on the truck! Dunno what color yet, though. Prolly either a semi-gloss black or that gunmetal grey that makes up the plastic trim.

#178568 - 09/04/02 02:30 PM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
ooldtmr Offline

Loc: So. California
Quote:
Originally posted by Raffi:
You think the heat gun method might work! These are the raised letter that says Xterra and The round Nissan symbole. What do you think>
I don't know about the round Xterra symbol might be screwed or something in place. Others here probably know about this. Just pry the stickers when it's warm, I was using a bowling tape remover(plastic) to peel it off. Xterra was still new so there was still no fading behind the stickers.

Roy

#178569 - 10/04/02 09:27 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
kandacarlson Offline

Loc: United States
Please don't use a heat gun to remove the stickers! A heat gun gets hot enough to damage the paint. Use a hair dryer or park it in the summertime sun for a few hours and carefully peel. The things are held on by "3M tape like" backing and will come off with a little work.
I don't know from experience that the Nissan badge will come off easily on the X. I did, however, remove the same badges and lettering on my Altima trunk for a repaint and they came off somewhat easily.
Make sure you clean/wax the area under the badges when you're done.

#178570 - 11/04/02 05:01 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
Another method to remove items that are attached using foam tape is to use dental floss. Slip it underneath and work it back and forth to cut the foam.

dave and xtoy - make your dentist happy

#178571 - 11/04/02 09:14 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
They're all stuck-on, save for the round Nissan badges, I believe.

#178572 - 15/04/02 10:32 AM Re: Removed the XTERRA decals from rack.
Raffi Offline

Hey thanks guys, The Hair drier and the dental flaws idea worked great.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal