2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173337 - 04/05/03 12:00 PM Dirty Underbody
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Went mud boggin in the X and the underbody has a nice coat of mud on it i sprayed as much of it off as i could should i get under their and get every little bit off or is it not the biggest deal? I know its not big for appearnce but for wear and mechanical longevity.

#173338 - 04/05/03 12:38 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Got pics? Ive always heard you should make sure to get any mud off of moving parts. When Im home I always spend tons of time on the underbody cleaning. I have spent over 2 hours underneath making sure to get it all. Just make sure your parents realize how much shit is going to be on their driveway if thats where you do the cleaning
SWXC Member #74

#173339 - 05/05/03 12:38 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

haha no pics sorry it wasnt that bad you have probably seen the same or worse but yeah we have a brick driveway that is in pretty shitty shape were getting it redone i think, i dont know i dont really care but all the mud flows between the cracks or i hose it into the yard.

#173340 - 06/05/03 01:58 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
I always use my ramps in my driveway, I put both on one side to get a good angle, then spray everything with a high pressure nozzle until I see no more dirt. Then I do the other side the same way. It's not the best way but it does make it a bit easier. I also take my ramps to the local car wash sometimes when I wash the truck there.

If you want to get it a little cleaner, you might try pre-soaking the dirt for a few minutes with Purple Power or the Castrol purple stuff...works pretty good.

#173341 - 06/05/03 03:55 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
blackX_dup1 Offline

Loc: Leavenworth, KS
Sounds like a good idea with the ramps. I also do the same with the ramps at my house but my wife bitches at me because of all the mud...
Highboyz4X4.com

#173342 - 06/05/03 04:06 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by blackX:
Sounds like a good idea with the ramps. I also do the same with the ramps at my house but my wife bitches at me because of all the mud...
haha yeah i did some spraying off at my aunts and i practicly had to shovle the mud off her cement driveway (i acutally just used a hose for a long time) but yeah it does leave a BIG mess, the person who was going to use the coin-op carwash will probably leave dirtier than he arived because that was also caked in mud! [LOL]

#173343 - 07/05/03 08:20 AM Re: Dirty Underbody
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I stick a sweep-type sprinkler under the X and let it run a few minutes under the front, middle, and back, then turn it perpendicular and repeat. This wets everything down nicely and makes it much easier to hose off.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#173344 - 07/05/03 01:26 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

wow off-road X that was some good adivce im going to have to try that i never even tought of that! smile

#173345 - 12/05/03 02:14 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
Heheh, I didn't think about it, but I built an underbody flush for the lawn tractor to clean the deck out and it would work great for this..
(2x5 sheet of plywood with a 1/2 inch pipe attached, small holes drilled in it to shoot water up, attach a garden hose to one end, cap the other)

I could even act like I'm in a real car wash and drive over it slowly... heheh, I got to get a picture of that. smile

-=RB

#173346 - 12/05/03 03:54 PM Re: Dirty Underbody
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
You could always do like the Jeep owner I heard about...(if you have a winch).

He took it to the self-wash stalls. Threw the winch line over the roof truss of the car wash, cranked himself up. Hosed it off.

laugh

This was just a story I heard about a few days ago. Don't know whether it's true, but I wouldn't put it past some of the Jeep owners.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal