2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179033 - 23/06/04 08:30 PM painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Yellow X, it came with the "x-treme" seats, which are yellow and charcoal. I want to get the inside of the door painted, The part where the door handle resides, that L shaped piece of fabric, not the whole door. It is above the arm rest and wraps around.

My question is how to go about painting this, what do i need to do in preparation, what type of paint and how to apply it, i also don't know if this is the appropriate section for this question, but any help with this will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

#179034 - 23/06/04 09:34 PM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

you're talking the fabric above the armrest?? i'd think you'd just replace it with a different color fabric, rather than painting it.

there was a post here recently about a fella that took his door apart and replaced that fabric...but i can't seem to find it right now...i'll keep looking.

#179035 - 23/06/04 10:25 PM Re: painting inside of door HELP
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
I changed the fabric in my doors to vynil. Here is a how to.

click me

there ya go.

#179036 - 24/06/04 05:31 AM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Over the winter I decided to replace the fabric with neoprene, to match my seat covers. Its fairly straight forward to do but it just takes some time to get the foam and glue off the door from the existing material. Good luck.

#179037 - 24/06/04 03:03 PM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you all, this is exactly what i was looking for, where could i get a replacement material? or should i get a piece of yellow cloth and cut it up?

#179038 - 24/06/04 03:59 PM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about Vinyl? will that be good? i don't think i can afford the camel hair or gucci...

#179039 - 25/06/04 05:20 AM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Depending on the material, go to a fabric store. I ordered my neoprene from a surf shop out west somewhere. Most fabric stores will have the material you are looking for but if you get into strange material(camel hair,gucci) they might not have it.

#179040 - 02/07/04 08:35 AM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Replacing the fabric inserts is a nice touch. Some aftermarket leather seating kits even come with matching panels for the doors (e.g. Katzkin). If you want to go a step further and paint portions of the interior plastic and vinyl to match your seat covers, take a look at Dupli-color products. They have paints made specifically for this purpose, although you might be able to find better paints out there (I haven't used Dupli-color personally, so I can't vouch for them).

#179041 - 02/07/04 08:03 PM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by silverxxx:
Over the winter I decided to replace the fabric with neoprene, to match my seat covers. Its fairly straight forward to do but it just takes some time to get the foam and glue off the door from the existing material. Good luck.
how much was the neoprene?

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#179042 - 06/07/04 05:04 AM Re: painting inside of door HELP
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure how much I ended up buying but it covered the 4 door inserts and I have plenty left over to use for a couple other projects I have in mind. It cost me $54.00 and that included 2 day shipping.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal