2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177597 - 22/06/04 01:20 PM Nissan painted hatch, how long before I can wash and wax her?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nissan painted my rusty hatch, it looks like they did an okay job, however this was their second kick at it. They had repainted it a few months before I got it.

I was wondering how long I should wait to give her a wash, I expect longer for a wax....

Thanks

#177598 - 22/06/04 05:28 PM Re: Nissan painted hatch, how long before I can wash and wax her?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Ask 'em on the wash - I would think a couple of days would be more than enough, but when I got my 240 back because some crazy women rear-ended me, the body shop told me to wait three months - something about letting the paint breath/fully dry.

#177599 - 23/06/04 06:04 AM Re: Nissan painted hatch, how long before I can wash and wax her?
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
Give it a week before you wash the area - just use the two bucket method. Three months til waxing is the traditional waiting time. But check with the shop, some paints can be waxed sooner.

dave and xtoy - four years and still waiting

#177600 - 23/07/04 10:17 AM Re: Nissan painted hatch, how long before I can wash and wax her?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OttawaX there are a bunch of us posting about rust problems on our trucks. Would you mind going over to "warrantee" area, finding our posts and letting us know how you managed to get the dealer to refinish you hatch. It would be great to hear the entire story. Thanks!!

#177601 - 23/07/04 07:37 PM Re: Nissan painted hatch, how long before I can wash and wax her?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveDatsun:
Give it a week before you wash the area - just use the two bucket method. Three months til waxing is the traditional waiting time. But check with the shop, some paints can be waxed sooner.

dave and xtoy - four years and still waiting
good advice although you cant use a wax for 3 months you can polish it all you want a polish contains no wax and does not keep the paint from breathing

#177602 - 25/07/04 02:36 PM Re: Nissan painted hatch, how long before I can wash and wax her?
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
As a Nissan body shop manager, my recommendation was; no drive-thru car wash for a week and no wax for 90 days. You can hand wash her all you want.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal