2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175286 - 01/08/04 12:01 PM Dirty Dash
Anonymous
Unregistered

After working for a while today in the 100 degree heat, I almost have it cleaned up... but for whatever reason... my X's dash is just filthy. Was just wondering if anyone has had any problems like this and what a good cleaner to get the dirt out of there.. I suspect it has to do with the hundreds of layers of protectant that were caked on there. Any ideas?

#175287 - 01/08/04 03:09 PM Re: Dirty Dash
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just thought iI would post the solution to my problem.. someone reccommended using a 6:1 Water to Woolite solution. It worked like a charm and cleaned the rest of the trim like a champ.

#175288 - 14/08/04 10:01 AM Re: Dirty Dash
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have used lemon pledge. I mist it on a heavy duty paper shop towel and then clean. Don't use it on your clear plastic fronting guages. I use a specialized cleaner for clear plastic. My X has a few scuff marks on it when purchased that I removed with the Mr.Clean Eraser "thingy". Hell that little device will take off any shoe scuffs or marks on a door panel. If you use that I recommend you dress the panel again with protectant.
A company called Pro Car Care makes a full line of detailing products that I find are great. They have a low gloss, water based formula that isn't greasy and has UV protection.

#175289 - 14/08/04 02:44 PM Re: Dirty Dash
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Charles9c1:
I have used lemon pledge.
Lemon pledge?!?

Why not use something designed for the kind of plastic an drubber that is in a vehicle instead of something designed for your living room coffe table?

Meguiars #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

No waxy buildup either [Freak]

Pep Boys also carries it. Along with final inspection - great for getting bird doo off your paint before it stains the clear coat (or worse - bird crap is highly acidic).

#175290 - 14/08/04 02:56 PM Re: Dirty Dash
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great thing about the 6:1 solution is the price. It also cleans very well, if it is good enough for the pros... it is good enough for me!

#175291 - 14/08/04 03:48 PM Re: Dirty Dash
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Belmont:
Great thing about the 6:1 solution is the price. It also cleans very well,
Yeah, but does it have UV protection?

Quote:
if it is good enough for the pros... it is good enough for me!
What pro's? I've never seen a pro detailer use a homebrew woolite solution ?!?!

#175292 - 14/08/04 04:51 PM Re: Dirty Dash
Anonymous
Unregistered

Head on over to http://www.autopia.org/forums/index.php and check out the detailing tips...

I am not saying that you have to use a Woolite solution to clean your interior... I am just sharing my experience and success story... Additionally, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant for UV protection- provides a nice matte finish without being greasy.

Sometimes you don't have to drop $10 for a cleaner... I tried a couple different brands of "interior cleaning solutions" and this is the best one - and by far the cheapest.

Oh, and the Mr Clean Erasers are amazing! They'll clean anything you can throw at them.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal