2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176115 - 11/04/05 07:18 AM Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have noticed a few members have mentioned a Clear Bra on their vehicle.

This weekend my wife and I went looking for a bug/rock shield for the X. While at the store I mentioned the Clear Bra idea. She thought it was a great idea. She now wants a clear bra instead of the deflector.

Any help as to where to get it and how to install it would be greatly appreciated.

#176116 - 11/04/05 06:58 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sticker City has numerous kits for all types of cars and trucks. [ThumbsUp] Tried talking a buddy into going this route rather than putting an ugly black vinyl bra [ThumbsDown] on his Mach 1, but he thinks it would looked good. [Freak] Hey its his car not mine so more power to him...

#176117 - 12/04/05 01:26 AM Re: Clear Bra questions
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Can't help you on where to get it, but [ThumbsUp] on choosing that over a regular bra. The clear really is clear and you can barely even tell it's there. Great stuff! The only advice I can give on installing is to follow the directions and do it inside or at least out of the sun or heat. That way you have more time to position things before the solution dries up under it. Get a good squeegee typr thing too; maybe one that's used for window tint? If it were me I'd probably have it done by a profesional though. I think most good detailers can do it and it may not cost as much as you think.

Good luck!

#176118 - 12/04/05 09:20 AM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having mine done tomorrow for $195 installed (hood and front of fenders).

This place isn't in your area but may give some info... www.protectashield.com

Good luck.

#176119 - 12/04/05 11:37 AM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that link. After I clean up and repaint my calmini bumper and slider's this summer I am planing to apply that to the front of the bumber and the top of the sliders to keep the rust at bay.

#176120 - 12/04/05 07:36 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. I will check out some detailing/tint shops around here.

Thanks!!!

#176121 - 12/04/05 08:31 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
My fiance has a 3M clear bra on her 350Z... it's pretty awesome protection and hardly noticeable... it was done at a local specialty shop in town...

#176122 - 13/04/05 07:27 AM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stick On Bra
????

How does this go on the X?!?!?!... I'm very curious! wink

[LOL]

#176123 - 13/04/05 05:23 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is cool. I would have to look into this. There are some kids that there don't care much for OPP(other people's Property).

#176124 - 13/04/05 05:40 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
I had a Magnet Bra on the front of my truck for a couple of years, I ripped it accidentally one time while removing it, but otherwise it held up fine all that time.

The paint underneath stayed pristine, very worth it in my opinion.

The company is www.magnetbra.com

#176125 - 14/04/05 12:30 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Xterra came with the clear bra on the hood.

#176126 - 14/04/05 01:53 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Superjens, on the magnetbra, I went to the website but I still don't quite get it. Is it entirly made from a magnetic sheet? What makes it theftproof, as they claim?

#176127 - 14/04/05 02:59 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
Stick On Bra
????

How does this go on the X?!?!?!... I'm very curious! wink

[LOL]
Hey that's not clear!

You can get the clear bras from most dealers for about the same price as above...my X has one.

#176128 - 19/04/05 11:06 AM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm debating which one to get for my 2000 X: the Magnetbra, or a standard bug shield.

What are your opinions?

#176129 - 19/04/05 03:04 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
Superjens, on the magnetbra, I went to the website but I still don't quite get it. Is it entirly made from a magnetic sheet? What makes it theftproof, as they claim?
The sheet is magnetic, and basically is just cut to the top layer of your hood (ie, the edges of the sheet go up to the edge of the hood). Just like that, yeah you could just walk over to it and pull it off!

But, their theft-proof-ness is a rubber lip that you slide over where the edge of the sheet meets the edge of the hood, so when you close it, you can't pull the sheet off.

Shit, no idea if that description makes any sense. Lemme see if I can draw it up ....

No, I can't.

LOL, here's a shitty photoshop, click for bigger.

#176130 - 16/05/05 10:38 PM Re: Clear Bra questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man that clear plastic sounds like a good idea but that thing is expensive and will be very noticeable.There makeing like a 99% profit.The little piece of plastic can not be that expensive to make.Ill pass,it seems it will look like the material already on the X 05 by the back doors and it could stand out clearly.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal