Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176058 - 30/03/06 07:25 PM Gunk smell after engine wash..HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I sprayed my enginer with Gunk Engine Cleaner the other day and followed the directions of covering the electrical parts and intake. I then sprayed a mist of water over the engine to wash the degreaser cleaner off.

Its been 3 days and the smell of the gunk is still all around the car and through the air conditioning. Kind of nausiating actually.

Does anyone have an y advice on how I can get rid of the smell or anything I did in particular that was wrong that would have caused there to be smell all over the vehicle?

#176059 - 30/03/06 08:53 PM Re: Gunk smell after engine wash..HELP!
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Hey Ed. Cleaning up from Spring Rally, eh?

It'll take about a week more of steady driving to fully burn off the remaining smell. The reason the cabin smells so much is that part of the air drawn in from the outside through your heat/AC comes from under the hood.

In the meantime, you could lessen the impact by turning on the recirculate (the button to the left of the A/C button) and not draw in the outside air for a while.

#176060 - 04/04/06 08:20 PM Re: Gunk smell after engine wash..HELP!
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
You might not have used enough water to rinse all the Gunk off. The smell usually does linger though after use.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal