2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174391 - 04/08/06 05:42 AM X turned into hot dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all. Well, I went out to leave for work this morning only to find out my X had been turned into a hot dog! Some punks sprayed ketchup and mustard ALL over the driver's side. I washed it off before I left for work, but the mustard has stained it yellow. It looks sort of like they used a highlighter, but I am guessing it's just the stain from the mustard. My question is, is there any way to clean this(tried scrubbing it pretty hard and also peanut butter since it works on wax stains) or am I stuck ponying up $250 to my insurance company to get the entire side painted? Thanks in advance

#174392 - 04/08/06 08:52 AM Re: X turned into hot dog
2 the X Offline

Loc: Manassas, VA.
There are a couple of things that you could use to try and remove the stain. Meguiars or Mothers make a clay kit that is very good at removing surface contaminants on a clear coat which is where the stain would be. Past claying that side, you could use a mixture of distilled white vinegar and water. Several detailers suggest such a mixture for water spots. Apply it to a clean car, rinse, and follow up w/ some wax. Good luck w/ that, you should be able to remove the stain w/o having to get anything re-painted.

Devandra

#174393 - 04/08/06 09:55 AM Re: X turned into hot dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to know about the vinegar. I went out on my lunch break and bought a rubbing compound and used that after i washed the area really quick. It got the mustard off, but then I noticed there's a slight red haze where the ketchup was. I don't have much time this weekend, but I'll probably try to clay it on sunday and hope that fixes her right up.

#174394 - 06/08/06 09:39 AM Re: X turned into hot dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

i do reconditioning and detailing for acura and it is possible to get rid of it sure peanut buttter and vinegar works and so does rain-x and paint thinner but all of these are not good for your paint especially nissan paint depending on what year your x is you dont really want to mess with that stuff the oil in peanut butter will eat at your clear coat like paint thinner you see the one thing that makes these chemicals and foods work is because the all contain a chemical oil that acts as an emulsifier and removes stains but your best bet is to clay bar first and then have the area buffed by a trained professional at you nissan dealership with a compound wax and then have them hit it with an orbital and some velocity glaze. the compound wax has tiny grains of sand in it which in a way act like a clay bar but much faster and harder than you can rub by hand most delerships use these things so it shouldnt be a problem

#174395 - 06/08/06 06:09 PM Re: X turned into hot dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 and Burton -

Thanks for the tips. I tried some of the vinegar and immediately followed it up with a clay bar and it did a pretty good job. I then used a cleaner wax followed up by your typical carnuba wax and all seems to be well. Obviously I did the clay and 2 waxes on the whole thing and not just the spot, so that made for a long day for me. My X is back to not being a nasty mustardy mess anymore. Thanks!

#174396 - 06/08/06 11:18 PM Re: X turned into hot dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

What you really need is a bar of soap (such as Ivory) & an old sock.

First place the bar of soap in the end of sock & tie a knot.

Then beat the little sumbitches for messin' up your ride. [Finger]

#174397 - 07/08/06 11:51 AM Re: X turned into hot dog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pluvo:
What you really need is a bar of soap (such as Ivory) & an old sock.

First place the bar of soap in the end of sock & tie a knot.

Then beat the little sumbitches for messin' up your ride. [Finger]
hahaha trust me...if I find out what punk(s) did it, there will be hell to pay...obviously I can't do anything to them since they'll toss me in the slammer, BUT I am sure I can find some way to make them pay dearly! On a side note, the X is all sqweaky clean.............for now wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal