Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176981 - 26/03/07 07:53 PM plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

a while ago i saw a xterra with all the outer plastics coated with bed liner plastic and thought it looked really nice and also would protect from scratches i was just wondering how i would be able to do that if there was a spray i could pick up or wouldi have to send it someplace any info or pics would be great

#176982 - 29/03/07 10:38 AM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did the lower doors and rocker panel on my X. I used a DIY roll on bedliner called Herculiner. It wasn't too hard, but once it's done, it's done and never coming off.

There are a couple different DYI bedliners out there. Dubicolor (not very durable), Durabak, etc.

Here are some pics of when I did it.
http://jbeamphotos.com/gallery/Xterra_Mods_LowerProtection

Here is what it looks like.

#176983 - 29/03/07 08:26 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Muzik's is definitly cooler than mine... but here is what i had the lineX guys do for me!

#176984 - 21/04/07 05:14 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have pics of this being done to a first generation xterra? I am thinking of doing all of the plastic including the grill and headlight covers, but would like to see it before I take the leap.

#176985 - 21/04/07 08:02 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally I think both of those look great.

#176986 - 21/04/07 10:23 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

On my 06 X I had Linex sprayed along the sides of the truck to the top of the rubber thing on the side and I also had them spray it along the entire front of the truck so it acts as a rock guard (instead of those cheesy 80's looking ones) I don't have any pics handy but I can post some if your interested. It cost me about $1000.00 or so but is guaranteed for life.

#176987 - 21/04/07 10:31 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, any pics would be appreciated. I guess I should quit being scared and just do it but buying new bumper covers if I decide I don't like seems real expensive.

#176988 - 21/04/07 10:42 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Muzikman where are those Connellsville run pics from on your webpage. Is that Casparis??

#176989 - 23/04/07 10:54 AM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, Casparis / Hawkins Hollow

You from around here?

#176990 - 23/04/07 03:14 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I have done is my Calmini sliders. It was with the Herculiner roll-on product, problably the same as Muzikman used.

It is pretty easy to put on, but VERY permenant once it is done.

#176991 - 23/04/07 05:42 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those all look great guys! I like the pinstrip on Muziks truck...nice touch!
This looks like something for me to try in the future....getting lots of chips out of the paint now with all the logging roads travelled

#176992 - 24/04/07 06:00 AM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Yeah, Casparis / Hawkins Hollow

You from around here?
Yeah from Connellsville, but have been away for about 7 years now. I didn't know they blew up the caves that's why I didn't recognize it.

#176993 - 24/04/07 11:28 AM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a great idea. I think I am going to put it on the inside of my X. I know that once I start throwing stuff around on that inside plastic it is just going to get chewed up and this looks like it will resolve that. Thanks for the pics! smile

#176994 - 24/04/07 05:24 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are ton of different threads about this and bumper fade in general. Sorry if I am beating a dead horse but I would still like to see some pics of either painted or coated bumpers from a first generation X. Or if there are already some on here and you can direct me to them I would appreciate it.

I searched I promise! come on help a noob out.

#176995 - 07/05/07 08:23 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

how much does it cost

#176996 - 08/05/07 08:00 AM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I finished the 'Hurculiner' job for the inside of my 'X'. Since the back is soft plastic I new that it would never survive me throwing whatever in side so...problem solved.
The 'Hurculiner' instructions are easy even for a noob like me. Take out what you can as this makes it much easier and less risk of getting the sealer everywhere.
I did the back area and covered the whole wheelwell. I didn't feel that the doors needed to be touched and I don't think I would have liked the look. The job took most of the day (part removal and dry time) but came out great. It has been a couple days and of course there is still a smell but that will go away in no time.
With under 1000 miles on my 'X' this is the first 'mod' that I have done. I fear this is only the beginning smile

#176997 - 10/05/07 09:06 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks good how did you get all the little cracks and crannys did you just use a brush or spray

#176998 - 14/05/07 05:49 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I did it. I used bed liner on the factory step rails, my hitch, and the rear bumper then I used Duplicolor bumper coating on all of the plasic. Turned out well I had a little orange peel on the headlight covers but other than that it looks good. I just hope it holds up. If it does I will do the roof rack and airdam. As far as prep I removed everything but the side moldings, then I wet sanded everything with a 3m red scuff pad then wiped it all down with 3m wax and grease remover. Should have some pics tomorrow.

#176999 - 15/05/07 07:51 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Pucky
I just used the brush since there were so many corners and nooks. Make sure and sand well. I have sound areas in which I should have sanded better where the liner will just peel off.

#177000 - 17/05/07 06:05 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here it is. It's holding up well so far (other than being dirty already) I'll probably do the roof rack and basket next week.

#177001 - 22/05/07 09:08 PM Re: plastic bed liner?
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you big help if anyone sees this any new pics or ideas are welcome

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal