2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176769 - 09/10/07 09:55 AM Amazing Trim Detail Product
Anonymous
Unregistered

With my plastic fading and looking chalky I wanted to shine it up a bit. Well after reading a few posts that mentioned Back to Black and the Meguiars Trim Detailer I hunted down the Meguires(only available here at Pepboys) and gave it a try.

I am amazed at how well this product works. The chalky gray panel under my windshield wipers is practically new again. Actually I think it looks richer than it did when it was new.

I ended up spraying this stuff on the bumpers, roof rack, door ding protectors, handles and even the rubber trim around the windows. This product doesn't streak with multiple rain storms, and it holds up nice after a wash. (I'd apply it regularly for maximum shine.)

If you want lots of great comments on your se-xterra looks go buy this $6 can and you'll have plenty to spray your truck and your buddies!

Great stuff!
[img]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1971_24106926[/img]

#176770 - 09/10/07 10:06 AM Re: Amazing Trim Detail Product
Anonymous
Unregistered

The product that I use is Mothers Back to Black Trim Goop. That stuff works great because it lasts for weeks, even after rain and tons of mud smile . I have not tried the Miguiars (Spelling...), but I have tried other spray on detailers, and they don't last very long and they get everywhere. But if you had good luck with it then Ill give it a try after my bottle of Back to Black is gone.

#176771 - 15/10/07 07:41 PM Re: Amazing Trim Detail Product
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've tried several trim products, but not the Meguiars. I will have to try that one. I find the Back to Black does not last long at all. I only use it for shows at times. I'm still experimenting. I've used the permanent trim dyes that work great and will bring back the new color permanently, but have yet to try it on the gray trim as it is only made for black. The one that I have used is Forever Black. Comes with a Cleaner and Reconditioner for $12.95. I've only used it on the black cowl and rear bumper step. Looks brand new. You can order it from www.bavauto.com.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal