2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#493263 - 04/10/09 02:31 PM Rear window defogger help!!!
Twitch1358 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Ok, I hope no one has asked about this, I did a search and found nothing, but I apologize if this has already been answered...
Last winter I realized that my rear defroster/defogger doesn't work completely. Some of the lines are fine, but the main ones are "broken" as my dealer says. Being from Chicago, I NEED THIS TO WORK! Last winter really sucked. Only the bottom 1 or 2 lines work, and that doesn't do anything when your entire window is covered in ice. So my question is, is there anything I can do to temporarily fix this problem? The dealers only answer is to replace the entire window, which I understand. However, I don't have that kind of money right now. I was told about a product by Permatex called "rear window defogger repair kit", however, I can't find it at any store. I don't want to order it online if it's crap. Does anyone know anything about this product? What are my options? I really need something just to get me through this winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

#493279 - 05/10/09 11:03 AM Re: Rear window defogger help!!! [Re: Twitch1358]
skooter Offline

Loc: United States
i have used it at my shop in salt lake city (we need it there too lol) it works pretty darn good actually, its better than buying a new window and if it dont work, it was a valiant effort to do it the cheap way, i give it 8 out of 10 order it and see!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal