2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173476 - 17/07/01 11:27 AM King of waxes? Check out this test.
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

I am not suprised at the winner. I am however surprised at the runner up! That might become my next wax, as Zaino is pretty expensive.

------------------
Tread Lightly!

#173477 - 17/07/01 12:06 PM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
PoqFFEMT Offline

Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
I've been using McGuires for the 6 months I've had the truck... I may have to swithc just to say I tried something different. I'll make my own opinion

------------------
~John~

2001 Xterra SE 4X4 Auto
Just Blue

Do you have stairs in your house????

Do you have stairs in your house????

#173478 - 17/07/01 12:20 PM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I've been trying to tell you Zaino's the best for months! I'm tellin' ya the sh!t rules! Nothing is easier to put on. Nothing is easier to take off. And NOTHING looks better. Absolutely worth the price.

If you buy some, follow the directions closely!

------------------
If love is blind, why is lingerie such a hot seller?
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

#173479 - 17/07/01 12:55 PM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Shoot, I just had a big response here but it got lost when my password was typed in wrong. Dammit, that'll teach me to type and eat Doritos at the same time.

His test wasn't completely fair, since he used a polish/wax combo on two parts and just wax on the other two (and nothing on one). Why, on parts 1 and 3, did he use the polish first, then the wax. But on parts 2 and 4 all he used was wax?

I'm going to buy some Zaino anyways to try it out myself. I have two completely different paints I can play with, one is the Xterra (silver), the other's is my girlfriend's Mazda (dark blue/green, depending on the light, very strange). The Mazda paint is in poor shape, and needs some really good elbow grease.

------------------
Jens

#173480 - 17/07/01 01:48 PM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Totally subjective test. I'm less concerned about "shine" than I am about paint protection and ease of use. Zaino comes in dead last in my test on those two categories. But everyone has their own preferences. Meguiars is easy on, easy off, protects the paint (good beading in the rain) and lasts about a month or so. And it's cheap. Tops on my list.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#173481 - 17/07/01 05:23 PM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cygnus-X1:
Totally subjective test.

Whereas your test is a hell of a lot more objective. Yeah.

------------------

#173482 - 18/07/01 06:02 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
I'm sure his test results were reasonable for the color and type of paint used on that hood and weathered under those conditions.
When I buy an old NSX that color and move to his neighborhood, I'll re-read his observations. Otherwise, use whatever works for you.
There is a flip side to Zaino. It is good for a garage car - has a great shine. But gives poor protection from stuff that falls from the sky. Wet leaves, seeds, pollen - most anything wet that lays on the surface will go thru the coating and can stain the paint.
I suspect that a significant percent of X's live outdoors and most NSX's live indoors. I think a wax based product might be better overall for the outdoor vehicles.

dave and xtoy - two in, one out

------------------

#173483 - 18/07/01 07:52 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
I'll stick to Meguiars brand... Unless I
buy an overpriced exotic car! Then I'll look
into other brands... Until then, my X will
be covered completely by Meguiars!!! Just
my two cents...

- Air B

------------------
Xterra 2001 Alpine Green SE 4x2
Air Butchie Productions
FNG and YANXO Regulator!!! Flame Suits On!!!

#173484 - 18/07/01 08:28 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Whereas your test is a hell of a lot more objective. Yeah.

Um..never said it was. I was just pointing out that this "test" was basically some dudes preference on what he thinks looks shinyest. No different than my putting up a web page that says Zaino sucks and here's my test that proves it.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#173485 - 18/07/01 09:00 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Um..never said it was. I was just pointing out that this "test" was basically some dudes preference on what he thinks looks shinyest. No different than my putting up a web page that says Zaino sucks and here's my test that proves it.

Actually there's a big difference. It wasn't just his opinion. Remember he did the "blind taste test" of passers-by on the street to see what they though. And if you're really concerned about being objective about this, you could spend 30 minutes browsing automotive forums other than XOC and you would see that the overwhelming choice of car enthusiasts is Zaino. I don't think in the history of the automobile has any wax/polish gotten the kind of raves Zaino has. Given that, if I was you and had a bad experience, I'd start to wonder if perhaps I did something wrong to have had an experience so contrasting to the experiences of others. Look, I couldn't really care less if you want to labor away with products that are more difficult to use, don't perform half as well. But I just want to be sure that nobody else shys away from at least trying Zaino because of your isolated bad experience.

------------------

#173486 - 20/07/01 07:37 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
Cygnus-X1 Offline

I'd hope everyone would shy away from Zaino. Any product that won't dry and then the advice from the company is (and I quote) "Yeah, it does that a lot. Just a put a fan on it overnight and it should dry by morning." And that's not an isolated experience. Go to Edmunds and read up on all the folks posting about the same thing. Look, I couldn't care less if you want to throw away good money on a little bottle of stuff that does the same thing as something a fraction of the cost. I just hope everyone else sees what a gimmick Zaino is and sticks to the store bought stuff that actually works and not some as seen on t.v. miracle product.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#173487 - 20/07/01 08:00 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
I'd hope everyone would shy away from Zaino. Any product that won't dry and then the advice from the company is (and I quote) "Yeah, it does that a lot. Just a put a fan on it overnight and it should dry by morning." And that's not an isolated experience. Go to Edmunds and read up on all the folks posting about the same thing. Look, I couldn't care less if you want to throw away good money on a little bottle of stuff that does the same thing as something a fraction of the cost. I just hope everyone else sees what a gimmick Zaino is and sticks to the store bought stuff that actually works and not some as seen on t.v. miracle product.

If you were smart enough to read directions perhaps you wouldn't have a problem. It's never taken a fraction of a second longer to dry than Meguires. And admittedly you probably watch a lot more TV than I do, but perhaps you could tell me about this mysterious TV commercial that I've never seen.

Since you live a bit far away, I'm doubting you will take me up on this challenge, but it's certainly open for anyone in this area. I will race anyone who wants to do a test on how long it takes to wax a car with Zaino VS Meguires. Zaino goes on way faster, drys about the same as Meguires, and comes off way easier. Plus you don't have to get it out of the cracks and off the black like you do with wax. Any takers in my area?

------------------

#173488 - 20/07/01 08:46 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
If you were smart enough to read directions perhaps you wouldn't have a problem.

Dude, back the hell off! He said a rep from Zaino told him on the phone that "that happens a lot..." Do you honestly think all of those people on Edmunds don't read directions? So, you use Zaino... goody for you! Tell you what, start the clock, turn out the lights, give yourself a "wax job," and write us all back with the results.

I like Meguiars and I don't mind spending extra time buffing it out. Its proved itself through 5 MN winters across three cars... who gives a flyin' turkey sh1t that YOU can apply Zaino faster?

------------------
kjw & the
PNUTMNM

"McDonald's tells kids that hamburgers grow in hamburger patches. It's a lie! Ronald McDonald is a scary, scary clown..."
- PETA online

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#173489 - 20/07/01 10:49 AM Re: King of waxes? Check out this test.
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
This thread is changing from a discussion of products to something that belongs in the ALR. It does not belong in this forum.
So, the personality issue can go to the ALR.
If anyone would like to re-start the wax discussion, they are more than welcome.
This thread is locked.

dave and xtoy - mudderator

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal