Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173912 - 22/07/01 09:25 PM Wax--proper technique and type
Gauravvv Offline

Loc: Queens, NY
Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick question, What is a good wax to use for my Super Black X???
Also, what is the best procedure to go about waxing the X? like portion by portion, or how long to leave it on?
Thanks

------------------
The Xterra is not only a mode of transport....but a state of mind...
2000 Black Beauty XE V6 "3pak"

#173913 - 22/07/01 11:54 PM Re: Wax--proper technique and type
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA
your best off searching. Someone just posted a test of the best waxes. I use Zymol but have used Mcguires. Never do it in the sun or while the hood is hot. Make sure it is totally clean before etc. Basically just follow the directions

------------------
'01 SE 4X4 5-Speed Just Blue
Ski_Racer27@Hotmail.com
AIM: TwinTurbo27

#173914 - 24/07/01 11:38 AM Re: Wax--proper technique and type
SpaceAce77 Offline

Loc: Bethpage, NY
Hey, Man:

Here's a couple o'tips to keep your Super Black looking just that...As far as wax, Meguiar's makes very good quality products, and there are plenty of threads in here about them...Here goes:

1) STAY AWAY FROM THE CAR WASH! If at all possible...If you can't wash your X yourself, try to find a hand car wash, or one of those spray it yourself places...

2) HOSE ME: Every couple of days, just rinse her with plain water, and wipe off with a rag...Don't forget to dry thoroughly

3) NO MUSCLE! Be gentle with the finish...Don't rub like you're scrubbing a burnt pot...Apply and remove gently

4) STRAIGHT LINES - Forget the wax on, wax off stuff...Circular swirls are the most visible...Lay it on straight, and remove it the same way, like you're shmearing a bagel...

5) 100% TERRY CLOTH TOWELS - for applying, removing, etc...MADE IN USA...NO SUBSTITUTES!!!

6) IF IT AIN'T BROKE - If the finish is still smooth to the touch, and shiny, admire it, walk away and leave it alone...All Products have some small degree of abrasiveness to them...The less they are used, the better off in the long run...

7) IN BETWEEN - In between washes/waxes, products such as Meguiar's "Quik Detail" are great for keeping your x looking spiffy...Also good right after you wax...Spray it on, wipe it off before it dries, and you're good to go...You can do the whole X in about 20 minutes...

8) HOT? NOT!!! NEVER, EVER wax in the noontime sun, or in direct sunlight...If ya can pull it in the shade, let it cool down to the point where you can rest the palm of your hand comfortably on the surface...

Well, hope that helps...Peace!

------------------
Rex the X - Super Black 01XE "Bad Motor Scooter."

#173915 - 28/07/01 10:01 PM Re: Wax--proper technique and type
Gauravvv Offline

Loc: Queens, NY
Thanks alot for the great tips...used some of them today...X looks AWESOME!!!!

------------------
The Xterra is not only a mode of transport....but a state of mind...
2000 Black Beauty XE V6 "3pak"

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal