Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175234 - 18/06/02 04:25 PM Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
Fullback#40 Offline

I have a detailing business on the side and buy my chemicals from CAR BRITE. I always used BtoB on my plastic and was happy with the results, that is until I tried Magic Detail by Finish Line. Man the difference is night and day. This stuff comes in an arosol can and simply sprays on. Then you let it dry and buff it with a dry terry cloth. Makes the plastic as well as the windshield wiper arms and the door handles look wet and black. Once dry it doesn't attract much dust like armorall or anything. I highly recommend this product for the upkeep of the X's plastic trim and stuff to keep them from getting dried out. contact me if you need any info. i don't sell the stuff or anything but maybe I can help you locate it. [Wave]

#175235 - 18/06/02 04:27 PM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
Fullback#40 Offline

they also carry a teflon based wax that goes on with an orbital buffer that works great on the paint. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#175236 - 20/06/02 08:58 AM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Fullback#40:
I have a detailing business on the side and buy my chemicals from CAR BRITE. I always used BtoB on my plastic and was happy with the results, that is until I tried Magic Detail by Finish Line. Man the difference is night and day. This stuff comes in an arosol can and simply sprays on. Then you let it dry and buff it with a dry terry cloth. Makes the plastic as well as the windshield wiper arms and the door handles look wet and black. Once dry it doesn't attract much dust like armorall or anything. I highly recommend this product for the upkeep of the X's plastic trim and stuff to keep them from getting dried out. contact me if you need any info. i don't sell the stuff or anything but maybe I can help you locate it. [Wave]
And where can you find it, is it sold at local parts stores or at walmart. I would be willing to give it a go [Laughing]

#175237 - 20/06/02 09:25 AM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
Fullback#40 Offline

You need to find a auto shop supplier that carrys detail chemicals. Try your local body shop and ask who they get there chemicals from. Most professional detailing chemicals are not available in retail stores. Its called magic detail and the maker is Finish Line . Ok here on the can it says can be purchased at Danny's dealer supplys 1-561-822-9994. It's about $3 a can and sold in cases of 12. But WELL worth the money. [Spit]

#175238 - 20/06/02 09:43 AM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
how are you applying this and not getting overspray on the paint? It's not so apparent for silver/white X owners, but I bet its a night mare for owners w/ black X's. IM interested though, have been out of detailing for 4-5 years.
John

#175239 - 20/06/02 09:48 AM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
I would be tempted to spray it on a rag or damp sponge to apply it, rather than just spray it over the trim... Just like B2B, no?

#175240 - 20/06/02 12:29 PM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
Fullback#40 Offline

Actually I just spray it on the trim and wipe the over spray off with a rag after it drys. . Its no big deal to get off,I do alot of black or dark colored vehicles and its easy to use. But I can tell you that it will not work if you spray it on a rag and try to wipe it on. The actual liquid is very thin and really only works in aerosol form. Then once it drys just buff it with a soft cloth to clean up the runs and presto great looking trim. Also if your going to wax your vehicle use the majic detail first and then take off the overspray with your buffer. It works excellant on the interior trim to. Trust me , its like the detailers secret. [Spit]

#175241 - 24/06/02 07:27 PM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Sounds like good stuff. How did it work on your X?
Any pics?

#175242 - 03/07/02 01:00 AM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
SuperHornet Guru Offline

Loc: NAS Lemoore, Ca
Hay if it is any help on my 4Runner I use "back to black" on the fender flairs and black trim shines good and lasts. You rub it in and let it haze over then buff it off with a towel.
....Brad

#175243 - 03/07/02 06:13 AM Re: Want something better than BtoB for your plastic read this....
GoldRush02 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I bought some "Plexus" from a local motorcycle shop and it worked great on the bumper and windscreen.. Just shake the can, spray it on, let it sit for a minute and wipe it off and buff it lightly. Even has a nice smell :p I just need to buy some more now. heh.

Later!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal