Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176012 - 08/01/04 10:44 AM Smooth as Glass Paint Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All,

Thought I'd pass this detailing tip on.

I had paint selant put on my Black X to slow paint oxidation. It got smudged over time so call the co to exercise the warranty. Detailer shows up and introduces AUTO MAGICŪ CM2200 Clay Magic . It effortlessly removes the grit and grime leaving a smooth, and I mean brand new smooth, as glass finish. I take excellent car of my paint job so results may vary. It beats polishes and certainly beats rubbing compound (yikes).

Anyway just passing it on.

#176013 - 08/01/04 12:20 PM Re: Smooth as Glass Paint Job
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yup, those clay bars are nice. Haven't heard of that particular one, but the Mother's kit gets mentioned a lot, especially for dealing with the rust flakes embedded in the rear hatch problem.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#176014 - 09/01/04 02:27 AM Re: Smooth as Glass Paint Job
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Clay bar is awesome because it lifts everything off the surface that a regular polish wouldn't get without a lot of rubbing and taking off clear coat.

Um, it removes all the wax too, so hopefully you waxed afterwards to protect the finish!

#176015 - 12/01/04 06:38 AM Re: Smooth as Glass Paint Job
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Damn that rear hatch rust. This weekend I have found that I am also a victim mad

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal