Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176464 - 10/05/04 12:26 PM hatch nissan emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

i hear a rattling noise evertime i shut the rear hatch i noticed that the nissan emblem is loose on one side and that is causing the rattling are those glued on or is there a bolt that needs tighted under the inside trim??????

#176465 - 10/05/04 12:35 PM Re: hatch nissan emblem
Photo Trek Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem NC
I am guessing that it has 2 studs which fit into the hatch for centering purposes. Then the rest of the emblem is held on with double sided tape.

You can probably just finish removing it, scrape all the old tape off, clean the hatch, and replace it with new tape. 3M makes some good double sided foam tape that is used by OEM. Just trim to fit and stick her on. I had to do that on my '00 X when I replaced the grill.

2000 Solar Yellow Xterra XE....Sold long ago
2010 Night Armor Xterra OR....Current ride
BFG AT KO's

#176466 - 10/05/04 01:35 PM Re: hatch nissan emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

its still under warrenty i wonder if the dealer could handle that with out screwing up

#176467 - 10/05/04 02:27 PM Re: hatch nissan emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would first tape down the emblem and see if it still rattles. I dont think the dealer will take off the old emblem and replace it with a new one which is around $25. I think.
They will prolly put glue in there somewhere and call it a day...

Indy

#176468 - 10/05/04 02:44 PM Re: hatch nissan emblem
Photo Trek Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem NC
I wouldn't trust the dealer to change the wiper inserts without screwing something up. This is an easy fix and you can handle it without any problems, I am sure.

The only tool you need is a good and sharp pen knife to trim the tape. Other than than, you use a razor blade to remove the tape from the emblem, and a rag with acrisol or goo gone to get the remaining adhesive off the hatch.

After the tape has time to set, you will need to apply a fresh coat of wax to the hatch cause the adhesive remover will remove the wax also.

2000 Solar Yellow Xterra XE....Sold long ago
2010 Night Armor Xterra OR....Current ride
BFG AT KO's

#176469 - 10/05/04 06:17 PM Re: hatch nissan emblem
Staubers Offline

Loc: Summerville SC
I removed my emblem, there are no studs or pins present below. If you plan on removing it altogether use a hair dryer to heat the adhesive and then some fishing line to "Cut" the emblem away from the body, using a knife or something like that will scratch the paint, trust me.

#176470 - 11/05/04 06:13 AM Re: hatch nissan emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

The 2000 and 2001 have the center studs, from 2002 on the emblem is just slapped on. Mine started to come off so I was kinda pissed but as soon as it did and the two holes from the earlier version were gone I just left it off.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal