Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177048 - 04/09/04 01:42 AM Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only thing I don't like about my X is the seat material with matching door panels. So I bought the seat covers and changed the door panels. The 1st panel took me a while because I have no experience at all with this kind of stuff, but the 2nd one was done in about 1-1/2 hour. It is cheap and (for me) makes the interior much nicer. I posted some pictures here: My X\'s interior
If one of you want to do this and has no clue like me, I could explain a bit how to proceed and what to avoid if you want. Anyway, just thought I'd share this in case anybody else was thinking of doing it.

#177049 - 04/09/04 05:47 AM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks good [ThumbsUp]

#177050 - 04/09/04 06:21 AM Re: Inside door panels
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Looks good.. [ThumbsUp]

I'm eventually gonna get the seat covers and I was planning on doing something like this..But now I know it looks good.... wink

#177051 - 04/09/04 08:56 AM Re: Inside door panels
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
I like the in-dash clinometer. [ThumbsUp]

#177052 - 04/09/04 01:54 PM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

#177053 - 06/09/04 01:59 AM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also hate the interior pattern of my X.
Awesome work.
What kind of glue did you use?

#177054 - 06/09/04 11:47 PM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

The glue will depend on the material you choose. The original has a foam on the back, the one I picked has rubber on the back. So I picked a spray glue 3M #80 for rubber and plastics. Looking back at it, it looks good, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't have chosen a material with foam on the back. Mine looks rigid, with foam looks more "soft", but I don't know, I like it anyway.

#177055 - 08/09/04 09:39 AM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

dirt rider, you might run into problems if it gets really hot where you live. I did the exact same mod and we have really hot summers in Cincy, and one day after work I came out and the material had come off the drivers side back door. I used neoprene for the inserts also so I called a rubber shop and they told me all the pannels will do that because of the glue I used. So they refered me to a specific glue that was for neoprene only. It was actually cheeper than the 3M glue. I don't have the name of it on hand cause i am at work but I can post it for you later. Just a heads up.

#177056 - 08/09/04 06:49 PM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah my brother redid his doors with like a vinyl type material and within a year it started to peel. I dunno what glue they used but I know they used some sort of heating to get it to set.

So I take it the neoprene glue worked?

BTW Where'd you get the neoprene for the doors?

#177057 - 09/09/04 12:09 PM Re: Inside door panels
Anonymous
Unregistered

The neoprene glue has held up so far, but it has only been about 4 months with the new glue on it. I don't think I will have any future problems because the glue does seem a lot stronger and it is applyed with a brush instead of a spray.
I purchased the neoprene from a shop in California, I just did a search on the internet and found it. I checked with local shops but no one carried it or would get it in cause of the lack of interest. It was fairly cheep.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal