Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176597 - 18/01/05 11:24 AM Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

This should not be too hard to answer but what is best for cleaning the interior dash and plastic. It seems that Armour All doesn't work with it in terms of shine and what not.

Considering there is no FAQ, what is the best thing to use?

Thanks-

BP [Uh Oh !]

#176598 - 18/01/05 11:53 AM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just clean it with a damp rag. Cleaning it with armorall only attracts dust.

#176599 - 18/01/05 01:45 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually just picked up a bottle of this stuff from Armorall....it seems to work well so far. cleaned my entire interior about a week ago and it's still relatively dust free. I also like that it's a low-shine formula, I hate that high-gloss look on the inside.

::clicky::

#176600 - 18/01/05 01:55 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
I've been a fan of Mother's Back to Black for anything plastic, it doesn't grease it up or attract dust after.

#176601 - 18/01/05 02:11 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use Black Magic Trim & Dash protectant, it is silicone based instead of water based like Armor-All. Armor-All tends to dry out the plastic and after a while it will start to crack.

Then I just keep a microfiber cloth in the glove compartment to occasionally wipe the dash down, very easy and quick.

#176602 - 18/01/05 04:56 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for the info. i'm gonna start using that stuff more often

#176603 - 18/01/05 09:05 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma

-Rick

#176604 - 20/01/05 05:31 AM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use the meguires nfx protectant on my dash and outside plastics and i haven't found anything better yet. It produces a much deeper shine that armour all and son of a gun. Outside, I use meguires nfx carwash with nfx wax. Every 5 or 6 months I do my 3 stage meguires clean, polish, wax, kit. It works great and makes your car look like it just came off the line.

#176605 - 20/01/05 06:13 AM Re: Cleaning the interior
mav63 Offline

Loc: DC
Aerospace 303 Protectant works great for interior and exterior plastics. It has UV protection and the mild shine lasts a long time. You can find it a most Marine supply stores.

#176606 - 21/01/05 03:10 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

Enszeitt (sp?) Cockpit Premium Z1 from a site called www.detailersparadise.com I believe that's the link. Haven't had to order it for a while. But it does a great job. More of a matte smooth finish rather than the shiny greasy Armor All finish, it repels dust, and smells a lot better than Armor All...put it on with a microfiber cloth, and everything will look great.

#176607 - 21/01/05 03:13 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

oops, nevermind, Detailers Paradise says they're out of stock, and not sure if they're getting any more. You can search for where to get it on the web though if you're interested in it....good luck, and the spelling of it is Einszett by the way....sorry.

#176608 - 05/02/05 03:07 PM Re: Cleaning the interior
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber cleaner. It is a UK product but you can order it from www.properautocare.com ( I am not associated with them in anyway, just love Autoglym). Their glass polish is the best I have seen, my wife has me use it on all the mirrors and windows in the house as well.

I just got a fresh supply of the Glass polish, Vinyl & Rubber cleaner and the super resin polish for the bodywork, guess what I'll be doing to tomorrow

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal