2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177913 - 11/06/05 05:05 AM Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I got this idea. I got a Mr. Clean car wash system and it dries without leaving spots. It has a water filter that filters out minerals so it doesn't leave spots when it dries. But the filter costs $$$.

If you have a dish washing machine, you will know that if you use Jet Dry in the machine, you won't have spots on the glassware, even though the water going into the machine is not filtered. OK, so suppose a person did this - wash your vehicle (just use regular car wash, not the Mr. Clean system). Then using a sprayer that attaches to the hose like you would use to spray a concentrated fertilizer, put in the sprayer Jet Dry and it will mix with the water. Rinse the vehicle with that. Now, wouldn't the vehicle dry with no spots? You now would not need the Mr. Clean system at all and would not need to chamois the vehicle.

#177914 - 11/06/05 06:46 AM Re: Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Be my guest, go ahead and try it on that brand new paint of yours and tell us if it works!

#177915 - 11/06/05 09:22 AM Re: Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It does work.

Get the liquid and just add a few drops to your wash water.

Or you could rig up that sprayer. [ThumbsUp]

#177916 - 11/06/05 03:57 PM Re: Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
OK, ...Mr. Clean car wash system and it dries without leaving spots. ... But the filter costs $$$.
and Jet Dry is free?

#177917 - 11/06/05 04:01 PM Re: Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
[b]OK, ...Mr. Clean car wash system and it dries without leaving spots. ... But the filter costs $$$.
and Jet Dry is free?[/b]
The Mr. Clean filter costs $$$

Jet dry costs $

[Wave]

#177918 - 12/06/05 01:38 PM Re: Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
I think it would be a wash. how much jet dry do you need to do one wash. After 20 washes you would spend the same amount on Jet Dry as you would for the filters. but just a guess.

Anybody use Jet Dry. How much does it take to do one wash?

#177919 - 12/06/05 04:59 PM Re: Jet-Dry rinse for a vehicle?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
:rolleyes:

If you don't want to pay for the Mr. Clean filter, just towel the @%$# truck off...

BTW - Costco has refills - two of the soap and two of the de-ionizer refills for $20 - that's about $1 a wash - much better than screwing up your paint with Jet Dry [Freak]

I don't think Jet Dry would do anything significant anyway - all Jet Dry does is break the surface tension, of the water. Works fine when everything is vertical, like dishes and glasses in your dishwasher, but not so hot on horizontal surfaces such as your hood or roof. The Mr. Clean cartridge actually removes the minerals from the water with an ion-exchange resin. If there are no minerals in the water, they aren't there to show up as spots when the water dries.

If you google on the internet, you can re-charge the resin yourself - however you would probably waste more time for about the same amount of money in just replacing the filter.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal