Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177039 - 15/09/06 03:28 PM Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am contemplating on whether or not I should have my xterra all black by painting all the plastic. The ones I have seen that got it done look really good but when I think about it I don't know if I really care that much. What do you guys think about one color xterras or getting them painted? [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsDown]

#177040 - 15/09/06 08:54 PM Re: Painting the bumpers?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I would say that it's not worth the trouble and expense, and that you just open yourself up to potentially flakey paint and crap later. But, at least your truck is black, so the look will work.

#177041 - 15/09/06 11:45 PM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a custom painter so I'm kinda bias,black makes a wonderful background for graphics.If you want to paint them you have several steps to go through to ensure the paint stays on I can walk you through it so you have a general idea on what is supposed to be done so you know how to approch your paint and body shop.

#177042 - 16/09/06 12:13 AM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

several people on this board have painted their gray plastic black, but i dont think its the type of paint job your talking about. i'm talking about a spray paint can with flat black or semi-gloss. i'm sure you talking about paint the way the sheet metal on a vehicle is painted. only problem with that is, if you ever bend that plastic peice, i am sure that he paint would not be as flexible as the plastic and would probably crack off.

then again, there is "daggerdoggie", his method of madness is quite unique.

#177043 - 16/09/06 03:05 AM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Choprdoc Offline

Loc: Covington,GA
I painted my faded out gray grill about 5 months ago with Kryon Fusion spray paint. It has held up wonderful. I removed the grill, cleaned it with denatured alcohol and then spray thin coats of paint.

#177044 - 16/09/06 09:10 AM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well heres a picture of what I would like it to look like, well the paint job anyway. It seems like a good idea but I think about all the things that would have to be painted also like the gray pinstripe thing on the sides and possibly the running boards. I just think it looks really clean. Heres a pic from car domain that I liked.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/600000-600999/600274_1_full.jpg

#177045 - 16/09/06 08:17 PM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by senatehtml:
[QB]Well heres a picture of what I would like it to look like, well the paint job anyway. It seems like a good idea but I think about all the things that would have to be painted also like the gray pinstripe thing on the sides and possibly the running boards. I just think it looks really clean. Heres a pic from car domain that I liked.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/600000-600999/600274_1_full.jpg [/QB ]

Holy Dub City batman!!! [LOL]

#177046 - 18/09/06 02:27 PM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's all in the prep. With the exception of the door protector strips, the plastic on the X will take paint very well.

The plastic parts are fairly easy to remove.

#177047 - 19/09/06 08:49 AM Re: Painting the bumpers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha I really love the off road lights.....i'm sure is hyrdralics lift it up for any twigs in the road.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal