Hey guys, I've never been offroading but while driving through a short strech of gravel road at a slow speed (20mph), I kept on hearing what seemed like stones hitting metal sound. I hope the tires are not kicking up the gravel so high that it's hitting my beautiful black paint [Uh Oh !] ! But I can't tell if the gravel bits are hitting the actual finish or just the metal surfaces inside the wheel-well. After getting out of the truck, I still couldn't tell if anything had been hitting the paint. I see some pinpoint sized white bits on the paint, but they look rather like wax bits washed out of the trim grooves (I just waxed it not long ago) since they came off with a gentle scrub.

So my question is, do you long time X owners know if the X has a tendency to throw things up to the paint? I certainly hope not. With the big fender flares on the X and the slow pace that I was driving, nothing should have been thrown up. If the white bit were indeed from the gravel bits, then I guess after a real offroading trip my X will look like a kid with really bad chikenpox wink .