Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#654451 - 28/07/02 08:55 AM 30000 mile service
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Ok...I know my manual says inspect a bunch of stuff at 30,000 miles, but what do be recommend? I asked one technition and he went through this long list of ridulous things to do. He even said I should replace the belts! He wasn't a nissan tech though. What do you recommend? Cooling system flush? Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
John

#654452 - 28/07/02 12:27 PM Re: 30000 mile service
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
I think some dealers/service techs get carried away with preventitive maintenance. Can it save a breakdown, I guess. Will all these 'extras' provide lots of additional income for the shop - you bet!
Common sense application of the factory schedule with consideration to your specific conditions is my suggestion. What do I mean? Live down south - pay attention to the cooling system. Tow with an automatic transmission? Give it some special care. Live up north? Come winter, be sure the battery, charging system and anti-freeze are up to spec.
Just a few examples. Lots of choices are available - what works for one person may not suit another.

dave and xtoy - never underestimate the perversity of mechanical objects

#654453 - 28/07/02 05:20 PM Re: 30000 mile service
cygnus67 Offline

Loc: Southern NJ
Dave hit it on the head. Common sense is the key. Give a little thought to your driving habits and environment, and your questions answer themselves. I'm not trivializing the "schedule" but it's a guideline - not a bible. Me personally? I changed all the fluids. The stuff was relatively cheap and easy to do. Mechanical checks were just that. Checks. I don't pretent to be a Nissan mechanic, but I can tell if something looks, feels, smells, etc., weird - just as well. Rocket science, it ain't. You won't have any problems.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal