Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184666 - 09/07/03 11:01 AM Jiffy Lube screw up
XtremeCowboy Offline

Loc: Indianapolis (Broadripple), IN...
I know this post has been hit before, but I just wanted to drop everyone another reminder of how stupid they can be.

They told me I was missing ONE screw on my skidplate, so when I got home, I noticed it was ONLY being held in place by one last screw! Lucky for me they were smart enough to at least put one screw back in for me!

#184667 - 09/07/03 11:14 AM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Why do you people keep going to Jiffy-Lube?? Why? it takes 5 minutes to change your own oil... If my mother owned a branch and I could go for FREE I wouldn't go. Everything from their oil quality to their lack of training and sleazy salesmanship in selling you crap you don't need should give one reason to pause.

Don't go. Just don't go. Stop going. When you have the urge to go, don't.

If someone offered you a quick and convenient smack in the skull with a hammer, would you go? Of course not... so why go to Jiffy-Lube? Don't.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#184668 - 09/07/03 11:25 AM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Bogatyr Offline

Loc: Averill Park NY, USA
XtremeCowboy,
Zoinks...you're lucky the thing didn't fall off on the way back home...usually they torque everything down too tight to avoid any potential "parts falling off" lawsuits...well, that's for parts that actually fit the application...ha.
I have to second PNUTMNM's post. I don't understand why people pay so much for poor quality products and service. Isn't an oil change at these places pushing $30 is parts of the US? My dad pays about $30 when he goes, and I keep telling him to bring the car to me as we can put in top of the line oil and filter for half that amount...ah well...he thinks it will take up too much of my time...
And, with the Xterra, changing the oil is so easy...in 15 years of changing oil I don't recall many vehicles that were easier to change the oil on...
Bogatyr
1966 Land Rover IIa 109" 35k

#184669 - 09/07/03 01:02 PM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
If someone offered you a quick and convenient smack in the skull with a hammer, would you go?
Hmmmmmm....quick and convenient ya say.

Would this be with your standard claw hammer, ball-peen hammer, or rubber mallet?

laugh

#184670 - 09/07/03 01:15 PM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Dead-blow of course...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#184671 - 09/07/03 09:07 PM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Dead-blow of course...
Screw that! Let's go with Sledge.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#184672 - 09/07/03 09:25 PM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Anonymous
Unregistered

Friends don't let friends go to Jiffy-Lube. laugh

Do we need to have an intervention? :p

#184673 - 09/07/03 10:19 PM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Well i lost threads on two bolts and head on the third one after visiting local version of that.

Bastards.

#184674 - 10/07/03 06:40 AM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had 2 friends that had problems with oil change places. One had his oil pan drain bolt stripped and the other they forgot to put oil back in resulting in a fried engine. It's kinda like brushing your teeth. Sure it takes a little time, but it's important and who wants to pay somebody else to do it?

#184675 - 10/07/03 06:52 AM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
[b]If someone offered you a quick and convenient smack in the skull with a hammer, would you go?
Hmmmmmm....quick and convenient ya say.

Would this be with your standard claw hammer, ball-peen hammer, or rubber mallet?

laugh [/b]
And would there be a special discount coupon available?

#184676 - 10/07/03 06:52 AM Re: Jiffy Lube screw up
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Well never done it meself (then again i am very close to start to do so), so i dont mind to pay 30+$ for service. Unfortunately their service is crap. And bloody "synthetic " penzoil dropped engine perfomance to its knees....

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal