2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183367 - 12/12/03 02:50 PM Door Hinges
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got my Truck 5 months ago, and already one mishap. During the hurricane that hit the northeast, I foolishly opened my driver's door without a firm grip, and you can guess what happened. The door flew open and either bent the hinges, the door, or both. Does anyone know if it is easy/possible to replace the door hinges. I'm hoping the hinges are the only thing that is bent so I can avoid to much in the way of body work on the door. Thanks.

#183368 - 12/12/03 08:34 PM Re: Door Hinges
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
The hinges are bolted onto the door and body, so they can be replaced seperatly, assuming that's what is bent. Whether you can do it yourself or not is a different matter...they are very hard to get to without removing the front fender and getting things lined up isn't easy either. I would definately recommend having a body shop look at it before you risk making matters worse or spend money on something that isn't the problem. You never know, could even be an inexpensive fix to have them do it.

#183369 - 13/12/03 07:21 AM Re: Door Hinges
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the quick resonse. I'll take it down to the shop and see what I can find out.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal