Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#508767 - 20/01/05 01:07 PM 2005 manufacturer support
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of aftermarket modifications planned for the '05. I like some of the features of the new one better than the older ones. Anyone know if Calmini has lifts or other mods to be available for this? I'm pretty sure that ARB will jump on board with air lockers and bumpers. That SAS just looked really tempting... might wait for this if they're planning on another one for the new models...

#508768 - 20/01/05 01:13 PM Re: 2005 manufacturer support
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Calmini has definately jumped on board. See the SEMA pix. They are planning on having a very decent suspension lift available shortly after the X's release date. Their products are prooven and well engineered.

While I support Calmini and all their efforts, I am hoping that other manufacturers get on board with their own spin and nitch.

The SAS kit for the 2005 is not even on the radar. The suspension kit that they will produce will keep us more than happy for a long time. If the SAS is important to you, get a 1st Gen and go for it!!! laugh

#508769 - 20/01/05 01:38 PM Re: 2005 manufacturer support
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
Calmini has definately jumped on board. See the SEMA pix. They are planning on having a very decent suspension lift available shortly after the X's release date. Their products are prooven and well engineered.
I can second that. [ThumbsUp]

I was at CALMINI's shop last Monday and they had the 2005 that was at the L.A. Auto Show until last Sunday... up on the rack with the front end off. wink

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#508770 - 20/01/05 03:27 PM Re: 2005 manufacturer support
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
[b]Calmini has definately jumped on board. See the SEMA pix. They are planning on having a very decent suspension lift available shortly after the X's release date. Their products are prooven and well engineered.
I can second that. [ThumbsUp]

I was at CALMINI's shop last Monday and they had the 2005 that was at the L.A. Auto Show until last Sunday... up on the rack with the front end off. wink [/b]
So Cary any hints as to what you saw for those of us trading up to an 2005? laugh

#508771 - 20/01/05 04:17 PM Re: 2005 manufacturer support
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I've mentioned it before, but when you have a company like Donahoe Racing doing the R&D for their new Titan C/O , out in the desert in the middle of a race, it can only be a benefit to the '05 Frontier and X owners along with the Titan purchasers.

This is Donahoe Racings Stock Full Race truck. It is bone stock with the exception of a Deaver rear spring pack and their in-house coil over kit and DR bypass shocks along with the cage, race seats and fuel cell. The class rules dictate that all suspension components remain in the stock locations and stock concept with stock mounting points.

There really is not way to emphasize enough how the new platform is going to open the doors for much more after market support along with continued products from companies like SLR , Calmini and AC.

#508772 - 21/01/05 08:46 AM Re: 2005 manufacturer support
Anonymous
Unregistered

And with a Dana 44 rear, as long as Nissan didn't do any proprietary mods to it, then there should be lots of lockers available (Lockright, detroit, arb. etc.) right off the bat. Gonna' take a while for manufacturers to update their compatability lists, so it'll likely just take a guinea pig to just buy one, and see what happens.

#508773 - 21/01/05 09:06 AM Re: 2005 manufacturer support
Anonymous
Unregistered

So why would you want an aftermarket Locker in the rear when you have a factory locker On Warranty confused . To each there own.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal