Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#521617 - 23/05/05 01:01 AM Spray-in Liner??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey I was reading the forums about the plastic in the rear being easily scratched, and I was starting to wonder if a spray-in liner would be something cool to get. I know about the regular rhino liner, but I was also wondering about something like a clear coat to help protect it.

Just an idea......

#521618 - 23/05/05 10:50 AM Re: Spray-in Liner??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found the plasic to be too slick. Everything slides around. I got a carpet remnant and cut a piece of carpet to fit.

#521619 - 23/05/05 11:23 AM Re: Spray-in Liner??
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
That rhino liner or even hurcliner would not work well. You will unavoidably scrape yourself more than its worth, plus once its on... its on! Not exactly a good material for an interior application.

A carpet would be a better approach, but beware that the backside of carpets are rough and can also "scratch" your pretty plastic.

I have not put anything down and enjoy the scratches from actually using the cargo area with either dogs/gear/or anything. Its easy to wipe down and clean but not infinately durable. Find the medium that works for you.

#521620 - 23/05/05 11:49 AM Re: Spray-in Liner??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of liners, on the '05 I'm picking up tomorrow the dealer's trying to upsell a $250 LusterGlaze undercoating, which far as I can tell amounts to pretty much paying $230 labour for them to spray on a couple cans worth of 3M undercoat type stuff. Strikes me that heading the new puppy over to the local Rhinolining franchise and have them put on some _serious_ undercoating would be a better use of that money.

Anybody done that kind of thing to their new '05? Or have a comment on the wisdom of that idea? Or on the necessity of *any* aftermarket undercoating, for that matter?

#521621 - 23/05/05 11:51 AM Re: Spray-in Liner??
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you don't want to cut out a piece of carpet, you could always just purchase the Carpeted Cargo Mat that Nissan offers as an accessory for the '05 X. The Nissan website says that the underside of the cargo mat is rubber, so it won't scratch up the plastic.

#521622 - 23/05/05 12:05 PM Re: Spray-in Liner??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I treat my truck like a... ummm... Truck... Plastic isn't going to rust.. and push comes to shove replace the plastic if it gets that f-ed up that you can't live with it.

However.... I snagged a carpet with a rubber bottom that doesn't slide. This was motivated by my dog slipping around the back on the plastic. The slipping was funny for the first mile or so. wink

- Sloan

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal