Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183302 - 02/08/05 08:09 PM brake pads?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had my 35k, done and they did the look around and i had to pay for a bunch of stuff.. in cluding new brake pads.. This was a month ago, on sunday my brakes were squeling sooo bad that I had to take them to th only place open on sunday... sears.... I had them do the inspection that was 15 dollars and they came up with my brake pads being .094 on the front right, and .157 on the front left, the Min spec is .079, I wa pretty close to that, I have a standard and I downshift and use the brake very rairly. this does not seem right to me... any thoughts???

#183303 - 03/08/05 08:27 AM Re: brake pads?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Something doesn't sound right. Brakes gone in a monht?:

1) Sears is right -- you need brakes pads = end of story. did they put it in writing? assuming you know what "good" pads look like, did you look at the pads yourself? Chk your invoice from a month ago and see if you mis-read something. If you were right, go back to the dealer (or Nissan) ... you should be able to get reimbursed or a mulligan on the brake work. Even if you drive w/ 2 feet (one constantly on the brake pedal), burning thru pads in a month is tuff to do.

2) Sears is wrong -- you don't need brake pads = someone needs a bitxh-slap at Sears. Right or wrong, I can't emphasize the importance of documentation enough.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal