2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#526705 - 17/10/05 11:19 PM First drive in SNOW!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got to drive my 05 X in snow white stuff tonight. Few comments, very good traction. The ABLS can bring you to an almost standstill going up a slick grade. If you turn of the VDC this deactivates this function. Over all for the few min. I played in it, the X did very well. I am looking forward to our first big snow fall (few feet) to really try it out.

#526706 - 17/10/05 11:28 PM Re: First drive in SNOW!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

#526707 - 18/10/05 05:54 AM Re: First drive in SNOW!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ugh.. Snow. :rolleyes:

That's one reason I got my X. I can't wait to play either.

#526708 - 18/10/05 09:10 AM Re: First drive in SNOW!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

#526709 - 18/10/05 09:47 AM Re: First drive in SNOW!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cwmiller:
The ABLS can bring you to an almost standstill going up a slick grade. If you turn of the VDC this deactivates this function. Over all for the few min. I played in it, the X did very well. I am looking forward to our first big snow fall (few feet) to really try it out.
Just a point of correction here. Turning off VDC does NOT turn off the ABLS. Also the ABLS will not really slow you down.

The VDC is basically skid control and it is capable of reducing throttle if it senses a skid. It would keep sensing wheel spin and keep backing the throttle off and in this case bring you to a standstill. It can be vary irritating in the circumstances you describe so that is why you would want to turn it off.

The ABLS is a separate system that attempts to provide traction by sensing a wheel that is spinning and then applying braking force to transfer power to the other wheel so you still have traction. You can not turn off the ABLS system and there would be no reason to want to.

#526710 - 18/10/05 10:34 AM Re: First drive in SNOW!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking forward to the white stuff! Ever since I sold my Jeep, I have been forced indoors in severe weather! (anything above an inch - hey c'mon, I was driving a Tercel - a heavy downpour is severe weather! wink )

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal