2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#524704 - 17/12/05 02:53 PM any 05/06 owners also own a 90-95 Pathfinder?
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey folks....

Since this is my first post, i'll give you a bit of my background. I've been browsing these forums for a while but just recently signed up. I'm actually planning on picking up a new X OR in the very near future. I figured I'd stay true to Nissan, as my family has for years. Heck, my father's still driving a Maxima we bought new in '87 when i was only 6 yrs old. Still runs like a dream. My mother worked at Nissan Headquarters in Ontario, Canada for 12 yrs as an accountant. Needless to say, we bought all our cars through employee pricing wink We then moved to Vancouver, BC in '98. I currently own a '90 Pathfinder. Although nothing's wrong with the truck, I think the time has come to move on.

Anyways, onto the question....

Has anyone ever owned a 90-95 pathfinder? In terms of fuel efficiency, was it better or worse than your 05/06 X?
I'm just wondering how much engine technology has improved over the years. It's basically a comparison between smaller engine/old technology (3.0L VG30) and bigger engine/new technology (4.0L VQ40). Watcha think guys?

I know it seems like a general question, but I haven't had a chance to accurately measure MPG on my Pathy.

#524705 - 17/12/05 07:07 PM Re: any 05/06 owners also own a 90-95 Pathfinder?
Anonymous
Unregistered

From Feb to Sept this year, we had both the 05 X and a 94 Pathy at the same time. I was hoping to get a few more years out of the Pathy (bought it new in '94), but it had some frame rot going and parts started breaking off the frame.

Gotta say - world of difference between those two trucks! While the 94 pathy had been my pride and joy for years, we found ourselves calling it "putt-putt" after getting the 05 X. Soooo much more power, and smoother, etc, etc, etc, with the 05

I think I was getting 17-18 with the pathy. The 05 X is usually about the same, but i've found if I take it easy I can break the 20 MPG mark on long highway trips. However, I seem to be stuck at 70mph most of the time.

The big difference was, the pathy would struggle to keep up with highway traffic and cruise comfortably at about 60, any more was "work". The 05 blows away (almost) everything on the road and will easily cruise along at 70-80 mph without even feeling it.

So - my guess is you'll get the same mileage, maybe a little better, but you'll be blown away by the performance and 10 years of automotive evolution.

Quick note about the 03 x - going from the 94 PF to the 03 X was like driving an old friend. Basically the same as the pathy, but the 03 X has more power and is quite an improvement in many other ways. Although I miss the old rear intermittant wiper and the glass in the hatch that opened!

#524706 - 17/12/05 07:16 PM Re: any 05/06 owners also own a 90-95 Pathfinder?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"It's basically a comparison between smaller engine/old technology (3.0L VG30) and bigger engine/new technology (4.0L VQ40). Watcha think guys? "

Oh yeah - and if i can borrow a line from Men in Black II:

VG30 = "Old and busted"
VQ40 = "The new hotness"

#524707 - 18/12/05 04:42 AM Re: any 05/06 owners also own a 90-95 Pathfinder?
Anonymous
Unregistered

sweet....i had a feeling they'd be pretty close in fuel consumption despite the larger displacement. Now I don't feel so bad smile I actually test drove a new X not too long ago, so I know the power you're talking about. The salesman was like "Turn right here...k...now floor it" and I was like "YES SIR!!!". The smile on my face only grew as we took off....and I was sold.

Although I'm still attached to the Pathfinder, I'm a little tired of not being able to keep up with highway traffic....and tired of being out-accelerated by 4-door family sedan Corollas frown

#524708 - 18/12/05 05:19 AM Re: any 05/06 owners also own a 90-95 Pathfinder?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Although I'm still attached to the Pathfinder, I'm a little tired of not being able to keep up with highway traffic....and tired of being out-accelerated by 4-door family sedan Corollas"

You will have your revenge, and oh, how sweet it will be...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal