Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182041 - 03/02/06 09:57 AM 88k miles + failed inspection + purge control solenoid/v-control canister =
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey All-

Paged through this entire forum, but was unable to locate any pertinent information on my issue. Apologies if I overlooked it.

I recently (Monday) failed my first and so far only inspection on my 2002 SE w/ supercharger (5-speed) due to emissions (NJ). Upon taking it to the dealer, they noted that it will be an $800 repair: purge control solenoid valve, v-control + canister, and a fuel injection flush (hoping I spelled everything okay).

As inpsection comes only 4-years after you have bought a new vehicle, I am concerned that any of these items could have had issues back when the car was under warranty.

Is it too soon (88k miles) for these parts to go? Or could they have gone years ago when it was still under warranty?

Thanks....

#182042 - 03/02/06 12:25 PM Re: 88k miles + failed inspection + purge control solenoid/v-control canister =
Anonymous
Unregistered

What part exactly did you fail? They should have given you a sheet with the section(s) that were out of spec. Might give us a little more clues..... Sucks man, sorry bout that.

#182043 - 03/02/06 01:17 PM Re: 88k miles + failed inspection + purge control solenoid/v-control canister =
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Do you stop filling your tank when the auto shut off on the pump stops or do you continue to "pack" your tank? If you do thats probably what ruined your canister. May be too late for you this time, but it might save you or someone else this woe in the future.

#182044 - 03/02/06 04:53 PM Re: 88k miles + failed inspection + purge control solenoid/v-control canister =
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sucks....

No safety inspection in California, but the smog check can kill ya.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal