Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#514274 - 13/02/06 01:40 PM Cold Air Intake
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did a search on this and half the threads had been deleted. I just got my X a month ago and I'm looking at getting a cold air intake by K&N. How much would this improve performance such as horsepower/gas mileage and is it worth the $$$? A friend of mine has a Ford Escape and he said his gas mileage improved by about 5-6 mpg after he installed a new air intake. Thanks for your time!

#514275 - 13/02/06 01:41 PM Re: Cold Air Intake
Anonymous
Unregistered

...also do they make them for the '06 models and if so who makes a reliable intake? Thanks!

#514276 - 13/02/06 01:42 PM Re: Cold Air Intake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anything made for the '05 will work for the '06. There is nothing different other then the X edition released and some options becoming standard.

#514277 - 13/02/06 10:29 PM Re: Cold Air Intake
Anonymous
Unregistered

to person (patch21) who started this thread/topic...

please refer to the following link--

--->> CLICK <<---

#514278 - 14/02/06 04:20 AM Re: Cold Air Intake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by patch21:
I did a search on this and half the threads had been deleted. I just got my X a month ago and I'm looking at getting a cold air intake by K&N. How much would this improve performance such as horsepower/gas mileage and is it worth the $$$? A friend of mine has a Ford Escape and he said his gas mileage improved by about 5-6 mpg after he installed a new air intake. Thanks for your time!
I may stir the pot here, but I think the money could be spent more wisely. The stock intake gets air from the driver side fender well. The intake has a series of baffles for quietness and keeping rocks and little kids out.

The K&N helps out at higher RPM. It doesn't do much for you at lower rpm.

It also depends on why you want a "better" intake. Are you using your x for a daily driver, off road vehicle or what.

If you check by doing a search on this forum for K&N, I think you will find most report no real gain in mileage by putting in a K&N. Also look at K&N's published dyno results.

There are some pros and cons on the filtration ability of the K&N. At best, I would put in a K&N stock filter replacement and bypass the cold air intake.

OK, I have my Nomex suit on........

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal