Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#510936 - 16/03/06 08:15 PM Satellite Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm considering getting the XM installed for my RF system. Is there anything I should know before I do it so I won't be suprised? The dealer said it would be in the $500+ range including parts and labor. Any else have any experience with this type of installation?

Thanks much.

#510937 - 16/03/06 09:02 PM Re: Satellite Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe that is a bit much. I thought it was closer to 400 bucks for the whole thing.

#510938 - 17/03/06 11:04 AM Re: Satellite Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aftermarket is like $100 or less. Granted it isnt integrated with the RF, but for a $400 difference I dont know if its THAT worth it. Might be able to find the parts for the RF unit on eb.ay if someone had it on their X and didnt sign up for the XM service after their couple of free months through Nissan.

#510939 - 17/03/06 11:20 AM Re: Satellite Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

I paid $250, but I had it "included" in the sales price. I think it is totaly worth it to get the XM straight through the RF. Much cleaner dashboard.

On the other hand, do get that 3 day free membership for web-XM and make sure you like the programming (becouase I don't, but thats just my exquisit-noncommercial taste [Sleep] ). I still keep it because I travel to the ski resorts everyweekend and its nice to good quality signal all through I70.

Just one last comment: you might loose XM signal in deep canyons.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal