2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#658230 - 20/06/06 06:26 PM Air conditioning problem (air no longer cold)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a problem with the A/C in my 2000 X. The A/C no longer gets cold. It is cool but not particularly very cold and given the summer weather, this is not good.

How do I go about fixing this problem? I'd like to try to fix it myself if possible. Thank you.

#658231 - 20/06/06 06:59 PM Re: Air conditioning problem (air no longer cold)
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're system is most likely not fully charged. Over time the refridgerant leaks out of the system, causing the a/c to become less effective. You can buy new refridgerant at any autoparts store, along with the valve setup to do the recharge.

You probably also want to look for leaks, and may need to replace components. It may not be that serious from the sound of your post. I did a quick search and found this thread:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001385

If this doesn't cover your questions, I got a lot of good returns by searching "a/c".

Good Luck [Wave]

#658232 - 21/06/06 06:59 AM Re: Air conditioning problem (air no longer cold)
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ndxterra:
Over time the refridgerant leaks out of the system, causing the a/c to become less effective.
Only if there is a leak. It would be foolish to just recharge it and call it fixed.

Take a look at the high pressure hose that comes out of the compressor (just over the steering box on the driver's side) and goes to the condenser (the little a/c radiator in front of the real radiator). That hose tends to leak on these trucks. It'll look like yellow oil.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal