2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#651468 - 19/07/06 10:14 AM how to get 12v accessory working on 2000 xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just recently purchased a used 2000 xterra. I love the car. The only problem I have experienced is that the front and rear 12v accessories (in addition to the cigarette lighter) are not functional at all. I was wondering what i am missing, because I changed all the fuses in the primary fuse box, and unless i am missing something I dont know where those other fuses could be, if they even exist. I just need help because I would like to use the both of them, especially if im going to go camping or on road trips. I know this is possibly a simple fix, help! If there is another post related to this issue, please re-direct me. Thanks ya'll!

#651469 - 19/07/06 10:27 AM Re: how to get 12v accessory working on 2000 xterra
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Hmmmm.... dunno.

These two diagrams cover the system:

If fuses 18, 23, and 42 are all good then I don't see why all 3 sockets would be out.
The power socket relay going bad could explain the two 'power' sockets being out - but it doesn't explain the main cigarette lighter plug.

It looks like if the fusible links under the hood were bad that you'd have some other issues - like the radio and mirrors not working.

It's possible that more than one thing is broken - but I don't see any single point of failure that would cause all 3 to go out without other consequences confused

#651470 - 19/07/06 10:38 AM Re: how to get 12v accessory working on 2000 xterra
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
At any rate, some time with a multimeter on those various connectors should help you trace the problem.

Why did you replace all the fuses in the block, btw? That's bizarre... it's not like they are a normal wear item... or were you just referring to the ones related to this circuit?

Oh - just realized I forgot to mention this - the fusible links and some relays live in a separate box under the hood behind the battery.

#651471 - 19/07/06 01:36 PM Re: how to get 12v accessory working on 2000 xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

-Do you know? what outlets work ONLY with the ignition ON??? [Wave] [Wave] -JIMBO

#651472 - 19/07/06 03:35 PM Re: how to get 12v accessory working on 2000 xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are also some connectors that snap together, one in the dash by the radio, and one near the rear of the center consol. Maybe no one connected them back together when they were cleaning your X for pickup.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal