Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#508314 - 25/07/06 05:34 AM Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know that this was an issue with older X's. I did a search for newer models having this problem and failed to find anything (If there is a thread already about this, feel free to flame me but make sure you provide a link! smile )

Anyway, the other day the weather was mild so I decided to open the windows (well, that and the fact that I had chilli for lunch) and when I got to my destination, I could not close my drivers side window. I tried turning the X off and then on, still nothing. Finally, I got out and slammed the door. When I got back in, the window was functioning as it should. I told the dealership about it and that I would bring it in if it happened again! My question is: Has anyone seen this happen on the newer generation X's???

I have a 2005...

Steve

#508315 - 25/07/06 07:21 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If slamming the door in fact caused it to work again, I'm thinking loose connection. I wouldn't wait for it to happen again for them to look at it.

#508316 - 25/07/06 07:25 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2000 X and my drivers side window always gives me problems... I have to pull the switch up really hard to get it to work.

#508317 - 25/07/06 07:29 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ShodanX:
If slamming the door in fact caused it to work again, I'm thinking loose connection. I wouldn't wait for it to happen again for them to look at it.
Yeh, those were my thoughts as well. But I wasn't sure if the slamming really made it work again or if it just "seemed" to fix it! To be honest, I really didn't want the dealership to rip apart my door unless it was absolutely necessary...

#508318 - 25/07/06 07:32 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Katanardr:
I have a 2000 X and my drivers side window always gives me problems... I have to pull the switch up really hard to get it to work.
Hmm...

There was a service bulletin about the older X's and problems with the windows. You may want to check on that because I think there was a recall...

#508319 - 25/07/06 10:24 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a thought, check your fuse box for a loose fuse, since it is located in near the passanger door. I had the same thing happen with a VW I had a few years ago. When I went to see if I popped a fuse it was just barely hanging in there.

#508320 - 25/07/06 10:37 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/qb][/QUOTE]Hmm...

There was a service bulletin about the older X's and problems with the windows. You may want to check on that because I think there was a recall...[/QB][/QUOTE]

I just went online and looked I dont see anything but I will call the dealership and check because it is coming up with something about my wheels being able to be replaced for cracking issues.

#508321 - 25/07/06 11:03 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a similar problem with my 05 rear window when pulling the button to go up it would sometimes simply not work. It was a totally random, but I could reproduce it by rolling the window up and down a few (sometimes a dozen) times. They ended up replacing the whole switch module. Been ok since. Was repaired a month or so ago. I should add that this was the drivers window controls, the switch on the door with the problem worked fine every time.

#508322 - 26/07/06 04:08 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BeastMD:
I had a similar problem with my 05 rear window when pulling the button to go up it would sometimes simply not work. It was a totally random, but I could reproduce it by rolling the window up and down a few (sometimes a dozen) times. They ended up replacing the whole switch module. Been ok since. Was repaired a month or so ago. I should add that this was the drivers window controls, the switch on the door with the problem worked fine every time.
That's good to know! I tried to recreate the problem last night, but could not get it to happen again. I guess I will just have to keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't stop working when I go into Philly! eek

#508323 - 27/07/06 08:24 AM Re: Drivers side window fails to go up!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BeastMD:
I had the same problem with my front driver's side window. They had to replace the entire regulator mechanism. Was a few weeks ago and no problems since....seems to go up faster than the other windows now smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal