2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#649714 - 07/08/06 10:25 AM How to reattach molding between basket and windshield?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2000 XTERRA. During a "touchless" car wash yesterday, the black molding piece that sits just below the front edge of the basket assembly (a few inches above the windshield) was blown off. I need to reattach it, but I'm not sure of the best adhesive to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

#649715 - 08/08/06 08:30 AM Re: How to reattach molding between basket and windshield?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The answer is, it depends on which molding your referring to. If it's the one on the edge of the air dam, just remove the air dam and stick the molding back on where it goes (you could use silicone or some epoxy to glue back in place if you have to, but that's usually not needed) and put the air dam back on the truck. If it's the paint protector strip on the truck where the air dam sits on the paint, it's probably best to remove the old one and get a new one, although those don't usually come off very easily. My guess is it's the one on the edge of the air dam?

-G-

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal