2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#656657 - 24/09/06 01:59 AM initiated to dented oil pan club
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was checking my oil level and realized it jumped up and I was actually over filled?? confused So I jump under my truck and take out my oil filter to drain a little bit of oil and realize that my pan is dented.. I looked around and don't see any bolts to drop the pan. Is there a way to drop out the pan and replace it or is it ok to live with it like this??

#656658 - 24/09/06 06:54 AM Re: initiated to dented oil pan club
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are bolts... look higher up near the engine. The pan is actually fairly large.

#656659 - 24/09/06 07:32 PM Re: initiated to dented oil pan club
Anonymous
Unregistered

I could always look at it for you, in February, when I'm out that way again.

Wife and I, along with some friends, will be in Maui for the week of Valentine's Day.

But either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless it starts leaking. If it's not leaking, let it be.

#656660 - 24/09/06 07:59 PM Re: initiated to dented oil pan club
Anonymous
Unregistered

You going to stop in Oahu for a day or two?? If not maybe I will try and swing over to Maui.. I have been wanting to go over to visit a few friends and air fare is pretty cheap for interisland flight right now..

I was mostly worried about not having enough oil in reserve. But I guess it will just save me a few $$ in oil changes..

#656661 - 24/09/06 11:08 PM Re: initiated to dented oil pan club
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Couldn't it interfere with the oil pickup if it's bent the wrong way? Seems whether or not it's a big problem would depend on the severity of the damage, the location, etc.? I know I bashed one on a car once and it pushed it up against the oil pickup.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal