I recently got in an accident where I was rear ended at about what I’m guessing is 25 ish mph. for the most part the X was fine but the rear bumper was bent a little & the lights for the license plate were banged up. The one on the right was demolished & the one on the left was scuffed up a little. I ordered the parts from Courtesy Nissan as they were half the price of the local dealership & I was in no hurry to get them as I still had one functional light (22 @ Courtesy & 40 @ Sheehy of Waldorf).

Here’s the kit minus the parts I used. I forgot to take pictures as I went =(

Here is how the light housing gets held in place.

It’s installed with the housing going directly into the socket, it’s keyed so unless you point it in the opposite direction, don’t worry about angles or installing it wrong. The metal clip goes in a gap & has an anti slip notch bent into it that fits with its opposite on the housing. They are VERY effective at holding it in place. There’s a rubber foam cushion on the mating face of the housing so it wont scratch the exterior of the bumper. The metal retainer, however, is not so finish friendly. I’d recommend a water base lube or possibly silicon grease to help it in / corrosion prevention.

Here it is installed from the back. It’s a little blurry as the spare kind of limited the angle I could get on the back end of it.

I bought the kit as I couldn’t just get the little housings separately. I mentioned earlier that the metal clips are very strong. I tried pulling the other side out as it was a little scuffed & I had the 2 new housings. Well, I couldn’t get the clip off. I didn’t try very hard as I only just got my arm out of a cast for a broken wrist so I’m sure you could get it out with enough elbow grease & some leverage. Possibly removing the spare would help a lot. Total time from opening the package to installing the new light housing & bulb – 15 minutes. I’m sure it would take about a half hour or 45 minutes if you were to completely remove the old harness & install the new one. Hope this helps someone =).