Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#506768 - 15/02/07 01:13 PM shrock vs calmini bumper for 2006 x?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, i heard all positive feedback about shrock bumpers. what about calmini bumpers? i saw pics of it, it appears to be similar to shrock maybe sticking out a little bit farther. any feedback on calmini front bumper for 2006 x? what are pros/cons vs shrock bumper?

#506769 - 15/02/07 01:46 PM Re: shrock vs calmini bumper for 2006 x?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2006xterrax:
ok, i heard all positive feedback about shrock bumpers. what about calmini bumpers? i saw pics of it, it appears to be similar to shrock maybe sticking out a little bit farther. any feedback on calmini front bumper for 2006 x? what are pros/cons vs shrock bumper?
Besides horrible customer service and flaky powder coating?

#506770 - 15/02/07 02:15 PM Re: shrock vs calmini bumper for 2006 x?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The Calmini is sturdy...but if you have to leave enough room for an upright winch between the front face and the grill...you need a deeper bumper...and, that means a worse approach angle.

Calmini did a nice job of streamlining for the New X's, and made it as tight as they could within that limitation...but, they could not over come that simple space requirement....and therefore, can not have as good an approach angle.

The weights are comparable....but the Shrock uses thicker metal for the mounting points. Due to the less massive design, the Shrock can use less total metal work, also a benefit of not needing to be as deep and not having to box in as large an area.

Both use strong 3/16" plate for facing.

Shrocks powder coat, historically, has been phenomonally tough.

Calmini's powder coating, historically, has been a source of constant complaints.

The recovery points on the Shrock are actually one piece all the way through the bumper to the frame.

Shrock fits both integrated and non-integrated solioids...the Calmini is meant for integrated solinoid units.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal