2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#526227 - 18/08/07 07:02 PM Clutch fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where exactly is the clutch fluid reservoir? Is it shared with the brake fluid reservoir? The picture in my manual seems to indicate it looks exactly the same, and uses DOT 3 Super Heavy Duty Brake Fluid.

If it's the same as the brake fluid, how does the brake fluid reservoir differ in automatic transmissions? The manual seems to indicate that automatic transmissions do not have a clutch fluid reservoir (which of course they don't) - but why would they point that out if it's the same system?

Sorry, confused.

#526228 - 19/08/07 08:46 AM Re: Clutch fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same question about my '07 OR man trans. Apparently the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir, as I can't for the life of me find another one anywhere. They could be a little clearer on that in the manual, couldn't they? Well, maybe some truly knowledgeable individual will enlighten us. Until then, just don't mess with anything!...........JB

#526229 - 21/08/07 05:55 PM Re: Clutch fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes the two systems share the same resivior. The design of it is such that if the clutch starts leaking you will not drain the brake system. If you look at the master cylinder, there is a small hose coming off the right side of it, that goes to your clutch.

#526230 - 22/08/07 10:03 PM Re: Clutch fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, there's our expert! Thanks, Xdrivingogre.
smile [ThumbsUp] ............JB

#526231 - 23/08/07 04:06 PM Re: Clutch fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't go that far. I found it quite by accident, just poking around under the hood. I was actually looking for a clutch master cylinder, just followed the hoses around under the hood.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal