Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#512945 - 20/09/07 10:13 PM Clicking noise when braking
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all - had my 07 for about a month and have just noticed a barely audible clicking noise that seems only to occur when braking - this is one or two clicks tops, and would not really be audible if the radio is on. Sounds a bit like its coming from somewhere in or near the driver door, possibly the window. Does anyone know what the hell this is (slash) if I should be concerned?

PS - This might not matter, but I took it through the paces this weekend on some forest roads. Nothing rough, but did rattle it a bit on some washboard sections and climbed some minor rocks just South of the Pikes Peak Summit. Could I have knocked something loose?

#512946 - 22/09/07 07:17 AM Re: Clicking noise when braking
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine makes a slight clicking noise as well, so I backed my X up to the front window of my house to see my brake lights and the clicking coincides with my brake lights coming on, so I figure it's just the switch activating the brake lights, so I think it's perfectly normal.

#512947 - 22/09/07 11:19 AM Re: Clicking noise when braking
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear a click from the brake pedal as well as the clutch. I know its the switches, stuffed my head under the dash and pushed on them to verify it. Is this noise louder with the window open or closed? The reason I'm asking is if its louder with the window down its definately not the switch, but instead quite possibly a brake pad not seated properly.

#512948 - 22/09/07 08:20 PM Re: Clicking noise when braking
Anonymous
Unregistered

Both really good ideas - it stopped today after I washed it. What I'm thinking happened is a pebble got stuck somewhere in the brake pad/caliper and got knocked out by the powerwash.... I'll keep listening, though - thanks for the tips

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal