Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#524189 - 30/03/08 05:42 PM Could I make it over black bear pass in colorado?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As I posted before in the picture forum (just looking for a few more opinions here....), I was wondering if a stock 2006 xterra could make it up and over the pass. I understand that proper and careful wheel placement is a must and I'm not new to off road driving but as I'd be traveling with more than just me in the car I'd like to see if anyone here has any particular thoughts on the subject. Thanks again!

#524190 - 30/03/08 07:40 PM Re: Could I make it over black bear pass in colorado?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Black Bear is quite easy, as are all the trails except Poughkipsee in the Silverton area. A little steep on the uphill climb, but most low range vehicles could make it. Just use extreme caution on the decent.

#524191 - 30/03/08 09:38 PM Re: Could I make it over black bear pass in colorado?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's one way. You can only descend.

Black Bear is easy, but has a high death factor. People get into trouble there every year. It requires good weather with a confident driver. Don't expect it to open until summer.

Very scenic and worth checking out. Imogene pass, nearby, is good to make a loop of.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal