2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195246 - 19/01/03 03:14 PM supercharger operation
mil1982 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
should there be any extra steps taken when driving with the supercharger. i.e. idle for 5 mins before turning engine off.

any knowledge is appriciated

thanks

#195247 - 19/01/03 03:26 PM Re: supercharger operation
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Nah, letting it warm up and cool down is for turbos. No concern with a supercharger. Just gas and go... and gas some more... and then gas some more. The local gas station attendant will know you by name. smile

#195248 - 19/01/03 07:50 PM Re: supercharger operation
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
gulp gulp gulp gulp ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! [Spit]

Is wittle X-ey poo still thirsty?!?! Awwwwwww, you like to suck down gas don't ya?!?!? Talk about suckey mileage, maybe it's just me being used to having a 4 cylinder truck, I dunno!!

#195249 - 22/01/03 10:29 AM Re: supercharger operation
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
The only issues with a supercharger are higher octane requirements... and if you run lower than the reccommended (hey - while youre reading the manual for reccommendations, note there's a paragraph on running lower octane fuel too), then you should only fill enough to get to a gas station with high octane available.

The X is smart enough to retard timing and other factors so you probably won't hurt it while running lower octane, but don't expect any performance gains with 89 unleaded. I wouldn't push the engine at all if running midgrade or regular - the more you ask for, the more youre gonna start pinging.

Wish I could see OBD enhanced info on my X. On my last car, I could see how much the PCM retarded ignition due to the knock sensor. I can't even get manifold pressure off the 2002 X with my scanner. frown

Some people warn about high temps with a supercharger, but I don't think you'll usually get hot enough that the engine can't maintain control of things.. Of course, I haven't driven in stop-n-go during the Texas summer yet either!
(would I need boost in stop and go traffic anyhow?)

I think I'm going to end up using mobil one as well... I know it isn't required, but I intend to keep the X over 100K, and it's worth the extra expense if I push oil changes to 7500 miles. (yes, yes, and either get a bypass filter or change filters every 3750).

Too bad the SC is so new... no history to use. frown No aftermarket manuals out yet either. frown

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal