2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198680 - 14/08/04 03:29 PM 2" Body Lift Help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

After searching for about 2 hours, I have found that there is no real info (only bits and pieces) on installing a body lift. confused I need some additional help from all the experienced members! I purchased the kit from Automotive Customizers in FL. The have not been helpful with any of my questions (kind of the go away newbie attitude). I can't tell which pieces of hardware in the kit goes to what location. The actual step by step instructions are rough. I also can't understand how to extend the steering column. Does anyone have the kit installed that can send me pictures of each component so I can get an idea? Does anyone have idiot proof instructions? I'm intimidated by this kit! I installed my AC 3" susp lift in one day alone with no real hassle, so the trouble can't be stupidity. [Freak] If you guys can give me as much info as possible, I'll try to documnet the proceedure with pictures so something will be out there for others. I appreciate any help you guys can give.

#198681 - 14/08/04 05:32 PM Re: 2" Body Lift Help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are the instructions online? It would be very helpful to see the instructions that you are using.

#198682 - 14/08/04 09:01 PM Re: 2" Body Lift Help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The instructions are only a hard copy. Automotive customizers doesn't have these specific directions posted them on they're site. I wish I knew of a way to get you a copy. ???? confused ???

#198683 - 15/08/04 03:55 AM Re: 2" Body Lift Help!!!
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Sent a PM but check this out too! http://www.4x4lo.com/mods/body_lift/body_lift.htm

#198684 - 15/08/04 03:27 PM Re: 2" Body Lift Help!!!
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
With only the 2" BL the steering colum isn't that difficult. Just use some extentions and u-joints to get to the one of the nuts on the steering shaft and loosen it up. After everything is installed the shaft will be about 1/8" out of it's normal place. Just tighten it back up and you will be good to go.

Also don't bother cutting your gas tank filler tube. The tube will stretch far enough to reach. Not only that but the extention pipe that they sent me was the wrong size. I had to go down to Lowes and get a right size one as I didn't feel like waiting another month for AC to send me the right part.

Just be sure to loosen everything else up as they instruct and then tighten it back down when your done. The only other thing I can suggest is to throw away the radiator relocation stuff they sent with the kit and just get yourself an electric fan. Trust me it will save you several hours of labor, frustrattion, and headache.

Axle

#198685 - 15/08/04 07:26 PM Re: 2" Body Lift Help!!!
Canadian5150 Offline

I somehow got a few memeber from the local club to install the 3" BL from AC.

It's a tough thing to do. I do not know the year of your X, but if it's a 2000 or 2001 - you may need to start spraying the bolts that hold the body to the frame. Up here in the great white north.. bolts tend to get seized...

Back to the lift.. The intructions I got were not bad, and the fuel filler tube I got was also the wrong size. Take your time and read the intructions a couple times, and then again a couple times. Try to have all the parts laid out, and as you read, there should he pics for you to see... match the parts to the ones in the pics...

Overall the boys from SOXC have cursed my name bloody murder and have vowed never to do another 3" body lift for at least a year... Bad news... If any of them decide to do it.. I have to help!!!

#198686 - 16/08/04 05:44 PM Re: 2" Body Lift Help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I appreciate all the helpful replies and links. I am going to give it another shot in about 2 weeks. I'll post pictures so you all can see the final results. Thanks again guys!!

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal