Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200180 - 22/06/05 05:39 PM Code P1441
Anonymous
Unregistered

This code lit up my ses light, along w/325. Now, 325 is the knock sensor and I'm not too concerned w/it, for now. Could be just a blip.

1441, on the other hand, wants to send me to the DSM. Before I wade thru all that I thought I'd see if anybody else has chased down that code.

The DSM states that it's a "EVAP very small leak". It's somewhere between the fuel tank and the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve. Jeez. That's the valve that controls the vapor release to the intake manifold.

So, anyway, I've got a very small vacuum leak. The last month or so I've been smelling slight gas fumes around the rear of my truck after a run, and I think this has something to do with it. Gas cap is tight, but I think a good first move is to r&r the cap. I'm also going to r&r the fuel filter. But as far as the code goes I think I'll be spinning my wheels.

Has anybody ever set this code and found a solution? Feedback w/b appreciated.

Oh, yeah. '01 Frontier S/C 82K

#200181 - 22/06/05 07:29 PM Re: Code P1441
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, I've been reading the DSM for a couple of hours now. Man, there's an entire volume on just the S/C engine control system, over 1800 pages. Another volume for the n/a engines.

Since I don't have a scan tool, and I can't stand dealing w/auto zone, (the guy there turned on my ignition before he plugged in the scanner and almost blew my audio :rolleyes: ), I'm just going to disco my battery to reset these codes. The DSM says 24hrs., but I think I've read on here that 30 minutes will do it.

So it's time to buy a scan tool. Nothin' fancy, I don't need the expensive one that gives you a summary of the problem, just a basic model that'll give me the codes. Anybody got any recommendations on one? Auto Zone has one for $80, but as I said above.....

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal