2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191757 - 25/02/07 08:31 PM 2005 Rear Bumper Replace w/ pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

In a previous post near the end of the year, I was looking for a 'good conditioned' rear bumper for an 05-07 X as my wife introduced our X to an Audi TT Roadster over the Thanksgiving wknd. I signed up on the forums to start looking and Haynes in California had put on a Calmini Rear with Swing bar and offered to sell me his at a great price. Needless to say, thanks to the forum for putting me in touch with Haynes and I've also seen a few others since then. Anyways... to the grit.

First, remove the spare - makes it so much easier to work in the area without it hanging around.
The install would have gone fine except for one small problem: bolt 6 would not come off with my impact wrench (360 ft/lb. of torque at that). The other 5 bolts didn't have a problem at all. Had to take it to Big 10 tire to get it loosened (and get my tires rotated while I was there, hehe).

Once the bolt was loosened, no problem at all. I will say this though... you've gotta have an impact wrench. And you'll notice on my pictures that I've got a hitch and it was nice to know that I didn't have to take off the hitch when doing this. The bumper slid right off, nice and easy.

pictures: bolts that needed to be removed passenger side:

and driver side:

the x with no bumper:

the new tieups for the license plate lamps:
driver side:

passenger side:

and finally, the new bumper:

the damage on the old one was to the RIGHT of the license plate lamp on the passenger side of the bumper.

#191758 - 25/02/07 09:20 PM Re: 2005 Rear Bumper Replace w/ pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Glad to see that it is on and fits well.
Cheers. [drink]

#191759 - 25/02/07 09:47 PM Re: 2005 Rear Bumper Replace w/ pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for posting the pictures, my parked xterra was chosen to see if it could stop a nissan sentra going 5 mph so i have minor bent bumper and have been putting off taking it off and getting it painted. now that i have seen your photos, i will be doing the same as you.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal