Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197790 - 03/08/07 03:34 AM maintenace advice needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a lucky find this place is! I have been fortunate to own several Nissans over the years and just picked up a beautiful 02' Xterra SE. It is somewhat of a high miler but with a Nissan mileage does not seem to be a real concern (my wife is still driving the 91 Sentra she got in high school, it will hit 3000,000 miles in the next week!)
Anyways, the Xterra is just under 94,000 and thought I would go ahead and have the timing belt replaced. Is there anything else I should have done at the same time (water pump)? Does Nissan make/sell a timing belt replacement kit with everything necessary, ather than chasing parts? Thanks!

#197791 - 03/08/07 03:42 AM Re: maintenace advice needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aloha.. Check out xterraparts.com they have the kit you mention. I would also take a look at your Exhaust Manifold. Not sure what year they fixed the problem if it was 01 or 02. If you aren't sure what has been done with it I would go a head and change all fluids. T-case, diffs, tranns, oil, and radiator. For other info try out the search tool and look around you can find the load of info that is already been posted up. [Wave]

#197792 - 03/08/07 09:05 AM Re: maintenace advice needed
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Xterraparts kit here

I also did my distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs, and all the radiator hoses (ESPECIALLY the tiny "bypass hose" that's next to the distributor... that one is very difficult to get to so you might as well replace it while you have better access to it with everything apart)

#197793 - 03/08/07 02:26 PM Re: maintenace advice needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks!

#197794 - 04/08/07 05:23 AM Re: maintenace advice needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the owner's manual theres a maintenance sched. I think there's a 105,000 service you may want to follow.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal