Ok, for the last month or so, the driver-side headlight plug doesn't seem to contact the bulb properly, causing the bulb to not work. What's more, it appears to be only one contact (of the 3 inside the plug) which causes the relay to think that I've engaged high beams (my high beam indicator light comes on and my Hella 500s wired to the high beam wire come on). If I wiggle the plug up (or sometimes down), the contact is made and all is well. But I think the cold outside causes the metal to retract and loose contact again. Once contact is made, the metal heats up and stays connected until the next time I let it sit in the cold a while.

I've disconnected the Hellas to isolate the chance of them causing the problem with no change. I'm afraid that the dealer is automatically going to blame the Hellas (or the wire being tapped into) to be the cause instead of admitting it is the plug on the bulb. I haven't cut the wire. I used the special plastic piece that came with the Hellas to tap into the high beam wire (splices both wires together with the same metal inside the plastic housing).

Anyway, to make a long story short, has anyone seen the plug and/or know of a way for me to make the plug contact the metal on the bulb better so I don't have to pull up the hood and wiggle the plug to get the bulb to work every time I wish to drive? I'm considering just buying another plug and replacing the defective one, but don't know where to get one (does Nissan sell just the plug)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
known as 2xterras on Edmunds Bulletin Board