Last Thursday aboyt 11 pm my 26 yo nephew was coming home from work and was hit by a drunk driver. He lives in Newmarket Maryland. They had to cut him out with the jaws-of-life and airlifted him to a trauma center. He was touch-and-go for a day or so but appears now that while he'll live, he may never be the same again. Here's what really pisses me off: the drunk driver was a police officer who had hit a pedestrian 5 years ago making him a paraplegic. The drunk cop only got a broken arm in this crash. My nephew had compound fractures of both thighs (tibia's?), a broken arm and a broken shoulder along with some areas on the CAT scan in his brain they are worried about. He now has steel rods in each leg and a steel plate in his arm. He was unconscious for a large amount of time and was on a ventilator. He was driving his late grandfathers '95 Hyundai with 140,000 miles which had an airbag warning light telling him to recharge the airbag. Apparently it did deploy and saved his life. My sister sent me some pictures... they tell the whole story. His wedding is scheduled for August 2003 too! Arggggggggghhhhhhhh!!! Hyundai Crash